Blue Hippo Tang

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good steps so far guys. Keep up the hard work and it'll pay off hopefully. As you've quickly seen, tangs are very susceptible to ich, which is probably why I won't own anymore in the future. Good luck and keep up the feedings.

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im a founding member of the tank police...however...these fish will not grow to 12" in a couple years.

Very few will get to that size in captivity, and most likely not in 2 years.

I bought mine as a 3" or so over a year ago. My tanks h2o is pristine, the fish is healthy, and has only mad minor signs of ich once in its life. It gets feed PE mysis, NLS, selecon, and different kinds of nori and live micro/macro algae all the time. It is now probably a little over 5" (barely).

Tangs grow fast, but not that fast. The tank needs to become at least a 125g (6' variety) sometime in the near future however.

I would agrea with you, tank police are needed some times. Some people dont know how fast these things grow and they dont know that. I want a blue hippo but im contiplating about putting one in my 95g just because it's 30 x 30 and thats not a long length evan though i have a yellow right now and he swims in the outer glass and loves it all day.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 101 43.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 78 33.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.3%
Back