Blue Throat Trigger... disappearing spots.

edsver2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought a female blue throat trigger a few months ago. She seemed to develop ich a week later. We treated her and it was gone. A few weeks later we started noticing what looked like velvet and began treatment immediately. Long story short... after velvet treatment was done... we notice every morning she looks just awful but by noon she is all cleared up. Looked on many forums and found nothing on this. Plus if you look online at fish sale sites their blue throat triggers always seem to appear the same way? Anyone have this experience too?

cu455

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we notice every morning she looks just awful but by noon she is all cleared up.

Why does she look awful? What clears up? Is it in quarantine? An actual picture might be helpful. It might be possible another fish/organism is stressing it out at night. The fish could just be waking up and adjusting to the light.

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

edsver2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She looks like she has a severe case of ich in the morning. She sleeps in the rocks and comes out jn the morning for breakfast looking bad. She's in our DT. I don't think anything is stressing her at night. All the other fish are much smaller and she sleeps most of the night I think. She stays out swimming around most of the day and clears up after a few hours. ???? I'll try to get a morning and evening picture tomorrow and post it. It's a big difference.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 124 42.5%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 101 34.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 47 16.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.7%
Back