Blue Velvet Nudibranch

dettmerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!

Had a quick question regarding blue velvet nudibranch (BVN) for a flatworm infestation.. Currently the tank 2 medium/large Yellow Wrasse in it, which did not seem to resolve much of the issue, but the shear number of flatworms is too much to really manage with that alone. I understand the use of carbon/timeliness in removing the nudibranch, but haven’t found much data regarding predation.

The tank also has an elegance (which I have heard with eat the BVN.

My question is in regard to the safety of the BVN with the wrasse, are they natural predator of the BVN? Or will they be okay because of their larger size? Or are all nudibranch susceptible to wrasse predation?

Also, is the elegance going to impose an issue if the nudibranch are prowling?

Thank you in advance and have a great day!

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wrasse is a concern -- but do you have a plan for the nudi once the flatworms are consumed? It'll starve to death without them.

thandley8907

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!

Had a quick question regarding blue velvet nudibranch (BVN) for a flatworm infestation.. Currently the tank 2 medium/large Yellow Wrasse in it, which did not seem to resolve much of the issue, but the shear number of flatworms is too much to really manage with that alone. I understand the use of carbon/timeliness in removing the nudibranch, but haven’t found much data regarding predation.

The tank also has an elegance (which I have heard with eat the BVN.

My question is in regard to the safety of the BVN with the wrasse, are they natural predator of the BVN? Or will they be okay because of their larger size? Or are all nudibranch susceptible to wrasse predation?

Also, is the elegance going to impose an issue if the nudibranch are prowling?

Thank you in advance and have a great day!
I just got a BVN yesterday. Drip acclimated and seen it cruising across rockwork for a few hours before watching it go under my rockwork at back of tank. Havnt seen it since. Do they tend to hide for a few days or do they only tend to come out at night?
Just want to know when to start digging for it in case it died already.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 34 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 12 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 27 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.8%
Back