bought new clown.... help

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how long will it take them to pair?

days weeks, months, year...

it really depends on which one decides to become "Female" and the other accepts.

And if they dont become happy, they can, have a clown divorce, and the female can kill the male.

Also please and i say please, until your tank matures... like you start seeing purple coraline algae, do not get an anenome. They do not NEED one.

If you want a coral clowns like yours love to host, a duncan coral is probably my first recommendation, as i have always seen them host one. Duncans are also very hardy, unless your water chemistry is really bad, and best of all, they do not move.

OP
OP
stewy14

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
days weeks, months, year...

it really depends on which one decides to become "Female" and the other accepts.

And if they dont become happy, they can, have a clown divorce, and the female can kill the male.

Also please and i say please, until your tank matures... like you start seeing purple coraline algae, do not get an anenome. They do not NEED one.

If you want a coral clowns like yours love to host, a duncan coral is probably my first recommendation, as i have always seen them host one. Duncans are also very hardy, unless your water chemistry is really bad, and best of all, they do not move.
ok :D, "Also please and i say please, until your tank matures... like you start seeing purple coraline algae, do not get an anenome. They do not NEED one. " once my tank matures, as in, once I see Coraline algae? or when the Coraline algae goes away?
and ok, ill keep that in mind :D

Kmst80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was born in 80, grew up behind the big wall. Dads first car of course a Trabant, only car a worker could get and Waiting period for that was 15 years. When a shop had bannanas you had a line up out the door and around the block. My hero was David Hasselhoff when he sang 'I've been looking for freedom' on top of that crumbling wall in 89. I earned money then bringing old paper and bottles away.

DED65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how long will it take them to pair?
I don’t know, but if it happens, you will know. Mine host my Goni’s and bubble coral. I feel sorry for my male, the female lays eggs about every two weeks and the poor guy refuses to leave. He fans the eggs, picking out the bad ones while she eats and eats… They are funny little fish and you will get to know them and their weird habits.

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok :D, "Also please and i say please, until your tank matures... like you start seeing purple coraline algae, do not get an anenome. They do not NEED one. " once my tank matures, as in, once I see Coraline algae? or when the Coraline algae goes away?
and ok, ill keep that in mind :D

your rocks and side of glass tank will have this hard purple stuff that grows over it, which is a sign of a mature and stable tank.

If you start growing coraline and it goes away, it means your tank is having problems.

OP
OP
stewy14

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
your rocks and side of glass tank will have this hard purple stuff that grows over it, which is a sign of a mature and stable tank.

If you start growing coraline and it goes away, it means your tank is having problems.
How long do u reckon until it comes in? Tanks 2 month old

DED65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends. Have you introduced anything with coralline algae on it. If not, the next time you take Uber to the fish store, ask them if you can have some scrapings out of their tanks. It has to be introduced!

OP
OP
stewy14

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends. Have you introduced anything with coralline algae on it. If not, the next time you take Uber to the fish store, ask them if you can have some scrapings out of their tanks. It has to be introduced!
oh ok
can I just order some?

DED65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ARC Reef sells bottles of it, there is some debate as to whether it actually works.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 20.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 154 73.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.8%
Back