OP
OP
CJBuckeyes

CJBuckeyes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No luck with the fenbendazole. Here's the treatment the internal parasites have survived:

CP 2 weeks
Copper 2 weeks
Prazipro (dosed 5 times)
Metro, dosed in water every other day for 2 weeks
Metro, dosed in food for 1 week
Fenbendazole dosed in food for 7 days
NLS hex shield food, started 3 days ago

The fish are going after the NLS pellets like crazy, so they're eating quite a bit more per feeding. Really hope this works....

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@CJBuckeyes Unfortunately, there are always going to be resistant strains to standard treatments. Let me know if the metro soaked NLS pellets doesn't get the job done, and I'll dig deeper for an unconventional treatment.

OP
OP
CJBuckeyes

CJBuckeyes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm feeling good about the NLS hex shield. It's day 12 and no signs of white stringy poop in the tank. The stuff is really pungent, and the fish go crazy for it. I think that's the difference why it works versus my homemade medicated food with focus. The fish barely touched it. I'm able to feed them 3-4x the amount of medicated food / day with the NLS.

I'm leaving town for a week and need to put them back in the QT. I'd like to continue to feed NLS in my auto feeder while I'm gone. @Humblefish do you know if it's considered reef safe?

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm feeling good about the NLS hex shield. It's day 12 and no signs of white stringy poop in the tank. The stuff is really pungent, and the fish go crazy for it. I think that's the difference why it works versus my homemade medicated food with focus. The fish barely touched it. I'm able to feed them 3-4x the amount of medicated food / day with the NLS.

I'm leaving town for a week and need to put them back in the QT. I'd like to continue to feed NLS in my auto feeder while I'm gone. @Humblefish do you know if it's considered reef safe?

Humble is on vacation, but it should be. I'd be running carbon if you don't already, just in case.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 30 36.1%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 47 56.6%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back