bubble in 15days old Zoa's colony

Ponraj A

RIP Mr.Donovan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I have found this bubble in my 15days ole Zoa's colony. Is it the simple of recovering the damaged polyp's or is it something serious to be taken care of. Please find below the image.
IMG-20170124-WA0014.jpg

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does not look like a new polyp to me. They open and look like smaller versions of the adult polyps pretty early on. I've never seen something like that.

#zoaexperts

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats interesting. To me it looks like the foot end of a zoa trying to find an anchor. Was that a side that was maybe pulled from its rock/substrate?

VTek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking colony. I'm not the most knowledgeable but I'll leave my ¢2.

If I were the owner, I would not be concerned. I would keep an eye on it and see what develops. Could start google'n around for an answer if you'd like though. They look happy from what I can tell.

Delta1389

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a single polyp do something similar to that recently. It was a clear bubble the appeared to be coming from the mouth of one of the oldest polyps in the colony. It grew bigger then receded along with the zoa until it was down to the mat. It's been a few weeks now but it looks like there is a new polyp forming where the original had been, regenerating from the stup of the original. It did not affect the rest of the colony.

Armydogracing

Zoa Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New clove polyps kinda look like that. I would just keep an eye on it and see what happens I don't think it's anything to be concerned about

OP
OP
Ponraj A

Ponraj A

RIP Mr.Donovan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
google zoa pox and see if they look like this...
Hi thanks for your input, Zoa pox looks more like white spot in the google images and mine seems to be like an bubble. Like others said I also think it looks like the foot looking for an place to grip. I will wait for another week and observe how it's reacting. Will keep all of you informed.

OP
OP
Ponraj A

Ponraj A

RIP Mr.Donovan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
google zoa pox and see if they look like this...
Hi thanks for your input, Zoa pox looks more like white spot in the google images and mine seems to be like an bubble. Like others said I also think it looks like the foot looking for an place to grip. I will wait for another week and observe how it's reacting. Will keep all of you informed.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 161 73.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.8%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 36 16.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back