Bubble Tip food poll, what and how often do you feed your BTA?

nimoryan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am curious what you all feed you Bubble Tip anemones and how often.... Trying to get a idea as there seems to be a lot of different thoughts out there. If you can answer these three questions for me I would really appreciate it. I used to feed mine in my old tank a rotation of Silversides, Shrimp, Calamari from the local fish market.... but when I looked on the forums here there is a wide base of varied opinions on this so... I was wondering what a poll would say.....

What do you feed

How often do you feed

Comments on the above....

Thank you all.

DrTrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just feed mine a bit of Rod's food once or twice a week, along with the occasional piece of shrimp

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine would get Mysis from my clowns feeding it, and then I would give it half of a silverside every so often. You could tell when he was hungry by how fast he grabbed the silverside. Some days, he'd just kinda let it be, others, it would be in his mouth within a a minute or two.

chappy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
had a tank full for over a decade and i go years with out feeding them

Emoney

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fed mine Silverslides and he loved it! (fed him on accident when feeding scolys saw that he liked it and fed him a few more) also herd it helps them split

Ericm1205

Clownfish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got 6 bubbles and 1 LTA and 1 gig. i never feed mine directly and never silversides. read too many silverside horror stories with nems dying from spoiled food to try and feed them silversides.
i do feed my tanks heavy so they do get fed indirectly mysis, cyclops and whatever blows into them.

jiffy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was wondering this same thing, because i would imagine ur nitrate levels going a lil high from all the feedings (every other day).. in the begginning i was feeding every few days (mysis, brine, blood worms, maybe live brine every now and then). plus id have to feed my fish first otherwise nemo would just eat all the food (obviously not the best relationship between the two, seems to benefit nemo way more!).

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clowns would feed mine. I would also feed whole silversides. So awesome to watch it pull a while fish in. I only did that about once a month.

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Not sure about you guys but I would NEVER put silversides in my Reef. Those things are nasty, stinky, oily, nitrate bombs.

Using them for feeding larger aggresive FOWLR tanks is ok, but not a Reef IMHO

Anthony Calfo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Daily...mysis soaked in Selcon, high protein (vitamin enriched) sinking pellets and a small amount of Coral Frenzy (or the like...basically a mix of superfine zoo- and phyto plankters).

I cut my RBTAS ni half every 10-20 days, so the heavy feeding is needed obviously for growth and healing

NOTE: feeding is mandatory for growth and reproduction...lighting alone will not work. Do not feed nitrogen sources...that is fuel for life in our tanks. It just needs to be managed mindfully like anything else :)

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Anthony welcome to R2R!

I know you have some real nice Nems and lots of research behind keeping them so to me your word is gospel!

Baboo11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brine Shrimp for Anemones?

I just got my first RBTA (ooooohhhh! It's so exciting!!!)...I hadn't heard of feeding them brine shrimp until reading this forum - how do you do it? With a syringe? The brine shrimp I have are frozen & thaw into a soupy mess....also, can I feed this anemone frozen (thawed) shrimp from the grocery store? Sorry if these are simplistic questions, but I am a newbie! Thanks! :angel:

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

• I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other.

Back