Bubble Tip food poll, what and how often do you feed your BTA?

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my first RBTA (ooooohhhh! It's so exciting!!!)...I hadn't heard of feeding them brine shrimp until reading this forum - how do you do it? With a syringe? The brine shrimp I have are frozen & thaw into a soupy mess....also, can I feed this anemone frozen (thawed) shrimp from the grocery store? Sorry if these are simplistic questions, but I am a newbie! Thanks! :angel:

From what I know, Brine shrimp don't have a lot of nutritional value. I've heard they are kind of like treats, fish/inverts love them, but they need Mysis and other sources of food to stay healthy.

jestr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when i worked on farming them prob a quater cube of mysis every day then i slowed down and basically cut it down to nothing at all and it grew big like 8 inches

gweston

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you feed:
Mysis and brine. They also get flake/pellets that drop of them that I feed to the fish. I don't spot feed flake/pellet. I have given mine cooked table shrimp a few times. They seem to love it. But as it is cooked it probably isn't a good staple. Raw would be better. I avoid feeding large pieces of any food. The smaller the better. Easier for the anemone to digest. Less prone to problems that way.

How often do you feed
Maybe weekly. Not too often. I find if I feed more than a few times a week, the anemone grows too fast, and in my current tank. I don't want them growing too fast. When I get my anemone/clown tank put together. I will likely increase feedings as I want to propagate RBTA's.

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
half a silverside 2 times a week. Now if I could only get my cleaner shrimp to not steal the fish out of my nems stomach. I feel a good old fashioned shrimp on the barbie coming up.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 27 36.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 32.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back