[Budget]10 Gallon Lighting

blueridgereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to find a way to upgrade the lighting on my 10 gallon[it's currently 20watts of PC...], but since I'm in high school, the budget is really tight-<$50 would be ideal. I've got softies and LPS[that I feed] atm, but I'd really like to try some SPS. Is there anything anyone can think of that I've maybe missed? A bulb that could screw into a regular socket would be really good, but I'm open to suggestions :)
Thanks guys!!

JR's Reef

Joey08
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really for that price. You best option would be a MH or LEDbut thats not real cheap. I have a 96w PC around here I think its not in the best of shape nor does it look that great but your than welcome to have it if you can you use it all I ask is you pay for shipping :) Ill look for it if your intrested in it

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im looking for the same....led fixture will be wround 300 and most mhs and t5s the same

johnanddawn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
outside of your budget - but you could save up for one
evils PAR 38 20K with 80* optics (60* if you want to hang it high)
this would give your tank a really nice shimmer and spot lighting effect like MH but with no heat. you could keep high light corals in the middle, moderate on the fringe and lower light outside the main beam.
you could use it stand alone if you aquascaped to match the beam pattern or suppliment the rest of the tank with a pc bulb, because one of these would only put high light in about half the tank.
this may be one of the best ways to light a really cool nano, and with a little creative aquascaping it could be really nice
about 125$ with shipping, but could last 10 years

subielover

Renegade reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on the led, or you can pickup a used 70 watt halide fixture. They can usually be had for about 75 bucks.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.1%
Back