Buyer's Beware Shroom Boi 101 (Stratosphere)

phantomreefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buyer's always do your homework!

This guy "Shroom Boi 101" tried selling me a stratosphere zoa by posting pictures from google.

These were the pics I was sent...

Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 9.25.03 AM.png

Took me a minute but I found the pics I was sent

43724162_1856828727764793_5870526536154611712_n.jpg

levibaur

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those clearly aren’t the same pics from the internet. Just look at the 2 polyps. The one in his pic the front zoa is clearly visible while the internet pic u can barely see the front zoa

levibaur

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know the guy and it’s all legit. He’s a legit seller and the pics are authentic

OP
OP
P

phantomreefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ummm he tried selling me a stratosphere by ripping off google images.

Not sure how authentic that is...
Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 9.37.38 AM.png

levibaur

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ummm he tried selling me a stratosphere by ripping off google images.

Not sure how authentic that is...
Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 9.37.38 AM.png

Go ahead call me insane. I know him and he is most likely using those as an example. He’s an authentic seller and you can say all you want

levibaur

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look, I don’t know what this has turned into, but I’m done with this. I saw the pics of his zoas but never seen so many different ones of different zoas until now. I know the guy and he’s a real seller. If this blows up, he can explain it from his perspective better than I can

MasterBacon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if it was labeled WYSIWYG I understand his situation, if NOT labeled as such there isn't a problem. Sellers use the best pic they can find, maybe they don't have a good camera.

Oshengems

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you actually buy the coral and received the wrong item ? Don’t you think it’s a bit messed up to kill someone’s business of an assumption? But you could be right he could be out here scamming people out of their money but it still an assumption. Only putting in my 2 cents because I have sold many corals and I remember googling zoas to send pics to someone becaue I had not taken pics So that he had a general idea of what I was selling him.

Oshengems

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if it was labeled WYSIWYG I understand his situation, if NOT labeled as such there isn't a problem. Sellers use the best pic they can find, maybe they don't have a good camera.

This was my case my phone sucked at taking pics I suck at taking pics and I had forgotten to take pics of some of the items I was selling google pics of Hollywood stunner as well for the same person

CoralStop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, just seen this. He replied to my WTB but I was looking to spend less pp. I asked for a picture of the two polyp strat that he was offering and he sent me that google picture too. That is ridiculous, some of you sound dillusional if you think it’s okay to use google pictures as your own for a purchase of a Frag that is close to a couple grand. I can’t believe it’s such a common thing to sell using google pictures according to some of you I never came across something like that

CoralStop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was my case my phone sucked at taking pics I suck at taking pics and I had forgotten to take pics of some of the items I was selling google pics of Hollywood stunner as well for the same person
Lol Hollywood stunner = $20
Stratosphere = $500-1000 per polyp

OP
OP
P

phantomreefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

First of all this a 1400+ zoa not a hollywood stunner. Stratospheres zoas are one of the most sought after zoa in the industry. The last recorded sale was last year for a 3pp sold that for 2k. In Canada, they are being sold for 2k pp.

If you are fortunate to have this zoa, you don't need to use a google image.Im not sure why the user is being defended so much. This a huge scam.

Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 11.54.43 AM.png

Im done arguing and proving it was a scam. This is just a warning for everyone on this site.

MSB123

Someone out there put something smart here.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
why don't we call in @Shroom boi 101 and ask him for his side.
@Shroom boi 101
Would you be helpful and help prove this guy who is assuming you are fake wrong? maybe point of sale some pics of your own, even if they are bad, from the front of the tank so we can see other stuff in the tank?
Thanks for helping out!

MasterBacon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, just seen this. He replied to my WTB but I was looking to spend less pp. I asked for a picture of the two polyp strat that he was offering and he sent me that google picture too. That is ridiculous, some of you sound dillusional if you think it’s okay to use google pictures as your own for a purchase of a Frag that is close to a couple grand. I can’t believe it’s such a common thing to sell using google pictures according to some of you I never came across something like that
I don't condone it! BUT for the sake of not being "scammed" I ask for an WYSIWYG pic. Just an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. If it is questionable then I don't buy, BUT unless it says WYSIWYG and it is NOT the pic of the item that is fishy. For 500-1000 pp I would get proof.

CoralStop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't condone it! BUT for the sake of not being "scammed" I ask for an WYSIWYG pic. Just an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. If it is questionable then I don't buy, BUT unless it says WYSIWYG and it is NOT the pic of the item that is fishy. For 500-1000 pp I would get proof.
Do you wanna buy my Honda Civic?
Sure.
Can you send me pictures of it?
Of course.
BDDB611E-21BB-49A2-8231-C6A4E7E3BA0E.jpeg

Looks awesome I’ll take it.
Reality:
2D25667A-F35D-41E3-BA1C-E8BC8995A7F0.jpeg

Sorry man I was just using google images to sell, hope that’s fine

Oshengems

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol Hollywood stunner = $20
Stratosphere = $500-1000 per polyp

Correction I sold those stunners for $10 lol my point was I used google pics for a few items I had of course I did tell them those weren’t the actual corals. If your spending 1k pp on a zoa you are not a average reefer I’m sure proof of actual frags will be in place but again it could be a scam it’s just harsh to accuse someone without proof.

Wait why am in defending this guy ? Lol

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back