Buyer's Beware Shroom Boi 101 (Stratosphere)

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's actually copyright infringement to use someone else's pic to sell something without their permission.

It is also unethical and misleading toward potential buyers.
It's also agnist our terms of service to use someone else's pictures without labeling them as such and without permission

KJAG

Rogue
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buyer's always do your homework!

This guy "Shroom Boi 101" tried selling me a stratosphere zoa by posting pictures from google.

These were the pics I was sent...

Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 9.25.03 AM.png

Took me a minute but I found the pics I was sent

43724162_1856828727764793_5870526536154611712_n.jpg
Notice that he even reversed the images so it would hopefully go unnoticed if you searched online...:cool:
The closed polyp shot was also a nice touch.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if #mods can review the conversation and see if the seller went against the R2R terms of service, for the purpose of limiting his access to selling on classifieds. "selling corals" with stolen photos is one of the most egregious things you can do IMO.

AND this transaction would have been in the four digits- $$$$. The OP is lucky that he wasn't a victim of grand theft.

Burrito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was pulling for "shroom-boi" to come in here and be the non scammer we gave the the benefit of the doubt to..... guess that didnt happen. nice response, even if he is legit, his response just turned a bunch of people off to him

ScooterV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to the mods for moving this back out of feedback and opening it up. It's obviously more than just a trade dispute, since no trade happened, and more about ethics which effects the entire community.

While the pictures were obviously not his, it would still be nice though to see pics of what he DOES have. It doesn't make it ok, but if they are close at least it wouldn't appear "quite" as bad :( Simply clarifying "They are like this, but not mine" when sent also would have helped, although few would spend that kind of money on "like this".

Thanks again to the mods for remaining aware as well!

wesman42

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I try to insert a picture into my 10 page report for my computer science course without citation....what would happen?

Well, depends on the professor...but my current one would:

Report me for academic dishonesty and kick me out without any recourse for not citing where the photo came from.

I was keeping tabs on this thread and his response sealed the deal for me. Even if he's actually selling the polyps...how does a fact-finding thread warrant the type of unprofessional response that was put on display for everyone to see. It now justifies the emotional finger-pointing that I saw from OP imo.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 66 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back