Buying used apex gear, would you do it again?

Houston03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was recently able to get a Neptune Apex A3 due to being given points during BRS giveaway. I want to add a few things like DOS, Trident, ATK, and other things. There are a a few of them available local to me that are used for a discounted price but I am a little bit weary being they are used. If you have bought used Neptune gear have you had any issues? Would you do it again? Thank you in advance.

_AV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything that doesn't have mechanical parts is good enough used. Except for older EB832s.
Anything that has motors/pumps in them you'd need to be prepared to service at some point as they do wear out.

RoanokeReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your list, I would buy the Trident and DOS used as they can and will need service, guessing the savings you're probably going to get you could grab some spare heads and agents. I would buy the ATK new, the optical sensors eventually go back and so does PMUP which are roughly $110 if you need to replace all three.

OP
OP
Houston03

Houston03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything that doesn't have mechanical parts is good enough used. Except for older EB832s.
Anything that has motors/pumps in them you'd need to be prepared to service at some point as they do wear out.
Cool thanks for info, do you keep spare pumps/motors for any of your apex gear handy at all times?

OP
OP
Houston03

Houston03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your list, I would buy the Trident and DOS used as they can and will need service, guessing the savings you're probably going to get you could grab some spare heads and agents. I would buy the ATK new, the optical sensors eventually go back and so does PMUP which are roughly $110 if you need to replace all three.
Awesome thank you for some insight, I’m probably going to pick up the used stuff and then use the savings to pick up some extra heads/pumps

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would definetly do it again! Actually checking eBay daily for stuff i can't live without! ;-) My apex brain and Trident are bought new but everything else I have is used off eBay!

OP
OP
Houston03

Houston03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would definetly do it again! Actually checking eBay daily for stuff i can't live without! ;-) My apex brain and Trident are bought new but everything else I have is used off eBay!
Let’s gooooo, do you keep any apex spare parts on hand at all times?

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let’s gooooo, do you keep any apex spare parts on hand at all times?
Well; spare parts may be a bit of a stretch- I do have a small selection of things I havent gotten around to install yet :D Missus is loosing her patience..

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 24 23.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 74 71.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.8%
Back