Bye Bye Powermodule,Hello LED's

TopNotchCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LEDFixture.jpg

I must say I was definitely 2nd guessing my actions on selling my ATI Powermodule and going with this LED fixture from Luke at reeffiltration but boy am I proud of myself after firing this bad boy up:D.I wasn't sure if a 15 3/4"x8 1/2 LED fixture would light up my 24x24x20 tank up but boy was I wrong:cool:.It definitely lights the whole tank up with no problem at all.

SexyFavia.jpg

Here is a picture of Mike's sexy super green favia with the T5's

sexyfaviaLED.jpg

And here it is with the LED's and yes they are all on not just the blues:wink:

Tort.jpg

Here is a sps shot,I noticed that the polyps have more extension within half an hour of putting the LED's on the tank.I can definitely say that if there was a such thing as a 275-300w MH this would be comparable.The tort in the backround polyp's have extended a bit more also but hard to see in the pic.More pics to come.......:bigsmile:

Last edited:
OP
OP
TopNotchCorals

TopNotchCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many bulb PM did you switch from?
I was running the 24" 6x24w ATI Powermodule,two of the things that I really did't admire about the T5's was that you get that pastel look on your sps and you lose the hues in them also(I did anyways),the 2nd thing is I got my shimmer back:bigsmile:and I can always add to the LED fixture if I want it to be more blue or not as blue.I can just buy some reefbrite strips if needed.That was another thing I was 2nd guessing on going with this fixture was the "k" look.I like my tank more blue then not and this fixture is pushing a 20k look and I don't think I will need to add any more blue:)

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you doing with the old fixture im in the market for a 6 bulb 24 inch. pm me.

OP
OP
TopNotchCorals

TopNotchCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you doing with the old fixture im in the market for a 6 bulb 24 inch. pm me.
Sorry it has been sold for a couple weeks now to NaClCrocodile,the man paid for it right away to make sure it didn't go elsewhere:)

NaClCrocodile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hehe, my move from no lights to 6x24w PM will be almost as nice :bigsmile:. Looks good and glad you like it. Is it possible to change out LEDs independently? I'm looking forward to going all SPS/Carbon with the tank that your old PM will light up.

OP
OP
TopNotchCorals

TopNotchCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hehe, my move from no lights to 6x24w PM will be almost as nice :bigsmile:. Looks good and glad you like it. Is it possible to change out LEDs independently? I'm looking forward to going all SPS/Carbon with the tank that your old PM will light up.
I don't no much about LED's from a cree to a diodide I couldnt tell you anything I don't know what the difference is but I do know that I like the fixture and that you will like the PM:)

NaClCrocodile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol I was the same way when I was about to jump on the Maxspect bandwagon. I'll ask Luke.

NaClCrocodile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, no this was a while ago. Curiosity really. Maybe a fuge/frag light, but I've been in love with the ATI PM for a long time now. Gonna be sexy as *** when it get set up. If it was going into a fuge/frag section, I'd go ahead and get a PAR38 just for ease of use - screw it into a clamp on socket and wham - frag station lol.

OP
OP
TopNotchCorals

TopNotchCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, no this was a while ago. Curiosity really. Maybe a fuge/frag light, but I've been in love with the ATI PM for a long time now. Gonna be sexy as *** when it get set up. If it was going into a fuge/frag section, I'd go ahead and get a PAR38 just for ease of use - screw it into a clamp on socket and wham - frag station lol.
hahahaha

Back