OP
fishkeeper2

fishkeeper2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I own a 42 gallon Versa series, piano white cabinet, and a Hydra 26 HD (you got the white one to match, right?). I'm very impressed with the setup. The finish on the stand is flawless, tank looks amazing. I expect you'll be pleased with it.

I personally chose the black hydras because I like the contrast, but I may switch them out if it does not work out.

Scubafrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CAD Lights apologized for any inconvenience and are build another tank for me at the moment. They said they will ship it with a different shipping company as they work things out with the first one. Waiting...

Just seems like an odd situation. Doesn't seem like CAD Lights is revealing the whole story.

DipSpit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plan seems solid. Looking forward to updates!

baktabiznis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea... I keep trying to buy a cad lights system and everytime I search there's another no so good post. idk

Scubafrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, seems that CAD Lights has a lot of "shipping" issues with their freight companies.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I'm very curious to see if the OP's decision to give CADlights a chance despite their poor CS reputation was worth it or not.

baktabiznis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I'm very curious to see if the OP's decision to give CADlights a chance despite their poor CS reputation was worth it or not.
I almost went with CAD Lights on my recent build. I would have ben able to get a bigger tank for the $$ but decided to go with a reefer 250 and I'm very happy with my decision. Red Sea make a great tank and stand. Can not recommend it enough.

OP
OP
fishkeeper2

fishkeeper2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yes indeed. I received the tank with no cracks or issues. The quality is alright. I personally would prefer a Red Sea S lone tank, but it’s thousands more. Saved a bunch.
IMG_3641.JPG

OP
OP
fishkeeper2

fishkeeper2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0001.JPG

Loving my hydras. 2 Hydra HD 26 work beautifully on a 125G tank.

I enjoy having full control over spectrum, the automated dimming at dusk and dawn, and that they just work without issue.

James Weir

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't go with the Versa or Zen unless you're willing to paint all unpainted surfaces. It's built out of terribly cheap MDF and will be destroyed fast by water. Also check for bowing on critical structural support pieces. Artisan II is way better.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 19 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 156 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back