danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyway, reef related....

Cube is true to its name - pure chaos right now. Since I reopened my knuckle on Monday I'm out of the tank even longer. We had a power surge and Matt had to go in the sump to fix my return pump - it spazzed out. It was stressful.

Peninsula loaded for shipment, not sure when delivery will be yet. Waiting for that call to rearrange my work schedule and try to find assistance to get it into the house that day. Tracking says the pallet is 821lbs but that seems excessive.

Plan is it unload and set up where it'll live but not fill immediately - not sure what building we're doing around it yet and want to be able to shift as needed until the bar is set. Hopeful that this will push us to get going on the bar as well - we kind of hit a plateau on house stuff lately - haven't unpacked anything new, haven't made much progress other than the shed recently. All that did was clear up the back porch more, didn't help clear out the garage at all which is what needs cleared out to start building....

Once bar is built and we're confident on placement and don't need to shift it or move it again, then I'll start filling - likely get some rock from @LiverockRocks - then once the fish can move over I'll start the berg project to clean up the cube rocks (dusky and marine betta being the main detractors for this endeavor). I do plan to move some of the cube rocks to the peninsula but I don't want to infest it and those 2 think bergs are delicacies.

Still no idea how we're doing lighting. Matt wants a canopy to protect from saltwater splash.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning
1000003933.jpg

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost got the shed. Close.
Yeah some small branches hit it, thing was so dead they shattered into pieces.

We were literally looking at that tree 3 days ago saying we need to figure out how to get it down before the big live pines that still need to come out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Problem solved.
Yup. One of the things we talked about was that with it being completely dead there's a bigger risk of it just shattering and it's harder to control where it goes. It sure did shatter

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1712933395377.png

In the daylight.

Meanwhile, did a virtual appt for my hand since it feels like it's getting worse. Waiting on an rx to pick up for 10 more days of antibiotics. She wants me to go in person somewhere as well because she didn't like how it looked in video chat.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
1712933395377.png

In the daylight.

Meanwhile, did a virtual appt for my hand since it feels like it's getting worse. Waiting on an rx to pick up for 10 more days of antibiotics. She wants me to go in person somewhere as well because she didn't like how it looked in video chat.
Have you been able to get somewhere? Hope you’re doing well!

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you been able to get somewhere? Hope you’re doing well!
Yeah it's "probably" infected but hard to tell with the glue. If so it's early in it thankfully. In person Dr said the 10 days of antibiotics the virtual prescribed should knock it out.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank left Atlanta as of 430 yesterday. No updates since then, no call to schedule.... Mine.

I did receive a call on Friday from the freight company to schedule someone named Matthew's tank delivery in Kansas though...

So we'll see what happens.

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We deal with freight companies all the time for auto parts; big sets of wheels and tires, large sheet metal parts, engines; every single freight company sucks in terms of tracking. Some get half tracking, some get zero and just show up. Some hang out at warehouses until we start calling and track it down.

Good luck, and keep on them! And for the love of your tank, inspect, inspect INSPECT! Freight companies are rough.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We deal with freight companies all the time for auto parts; big sets of wheels and tires, large sheet metal parts, engines; every single freight company sucks in terms of tracking. Some get half tracking, some get zero and just show up. Some hang out at warehouses until we start calling and track it down.

Good luck, and keep on them! And for the love of your tank, inspect, inspect INSPECT! Freight companies are rough.
Yeah, this is the 3rd one I've had shipped now :face-with-tears-of-joy: Believe it or not, they have better tracking than my last two rounds. If I don't hear from them by tomorrow afternoon I'm calling. I have to sort out schedule shifts for work so I need to have it scheduled sooner rather than later.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ALL my corals have fallen :rolleyes:

Safe to say looking at my hand today, it's infected for sure. There's 2 big puffy nasties that hurt like heck to touch under the seal. Good thing I'm back on antibiotics. Today is day 3, so hopefully they start their job real quick.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man. So sorry about your icky hand. Due for another scrub down at work? OMG that would hurt so bad, I just did a whole body shake thinking about wound scrubbing.
Day 1 scrub down was fine because adrenaline made me not feel anything :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.6%
Back