Can anyone help with my War Coral?

Brav403

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its been in a couple of weeks and it just hasn't settled well at all, I've kept it in low light and low/moderate flow and it just doesn't seem happy. I've not seen any sign of feeding sweepers at night and I've been encouraging it to eat with mysis/reefroids.

Last couple of days it also had random holes appearing in the flesh on the top? (Pinkish looking areas) - Is it dying? Should I try moving it somewhere else?

20240512_165323.jpg

OP
OP
B

Brav403

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure on PAR, need to rent a meter from an LFS. Its on the sandbed of a Red Sea Max Nano XL - off to the side of the tank. Running a Red Sea LED50. 45% blues 15% whites.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its skeleton is starting to poke out. I agree with above, I think its either too much or too little light or flow. It needs to be "just right"

OP
OP
B

Brav403

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its skeleton is starting to poke out. I agree with above, I think its either too much or too little light or flow. It needs to be "just right"
I never knew they were so finicky as an LPS. Maybe I am just quite quite ready for stony corals yet. I have plenty of softies that are happy and my Duncan has grown 4 new heads.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 31 15.3%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 47 23.3%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 116 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%
Back