Carpet Anemone Lovin, show off your Carpets!!!

Taylor t

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be careful increasing too much too fast. Too much light too early will keep them from expanding as full as they should. Take pictures daily at the same time and compare. If you increase light and the next day it looks smaller, or it deflates, dial it back. if it handles more light well, leave it there a week or two before increasing more.

Taylor t

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And, carpets TYPICALLY are found in shallow water, white light, insane intensity. Think equator, long hot days. They may do well with blue, but what I see, white light is better.

If you can't get it to take foot, build a triangle of 3 decent size rocks and try to place the foot in the middle of the triangle, giving it shelter for the foot and support all around for the disk. Mertensii, at least mine, seems to like low/medium flow, where it just hardly moves the disk or tents, but still carries away poop. Mine will walk if flow is too high, and looks like crap if it's too low. Flow matters as much as lights with carpets, if you care that they look their best.

OP
OP
Christopher Davis

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And, carpets TYPICALLY are found in shallow water, white light, insane intensity. Think equator, long hot days. They may do well with blue, but what I see, white light is better.

If you can't get it to take foot, build a triangle of 3 decent size rocks and try to place the foot in the middle of the triangle, giving it shelter for the foot and support all around for the disk. Mertensii, at least mine, seems to like low/medium flow, where it just hardly moves the disk or tents, but still carries away poop. Mine will walk if flow is too high, and looks like crap if it's too low. Flow matters as much as lights with carpets, if you care that they look their best.
Thank you! I will do that right now! The nem looks great otherwise! Fully inflated mouth closed just not attaching!

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0044.JPG
IMG_0125.JPG
IMG_0143.JPG
IMG_0104.JPG
IMG_0060.JPG

This is three of my 4. I have a fourth who hid in my rock work who is slowly coming out now.

Catchemall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have a funny story about our maxi mini carpet anemone. I was bidding on some corals and won this one and didn't even know I bid on it. At first I was like oh no didn't really want another anemone in the tank. But I have really enjoyed this little dude.

IMG_6506.JPG

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 26.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back