OP
A

Alazo1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the tricky part is going to be sanding it down uniformly.

Yes, I think this would be tricky. It's not brittle at all and I think it can take it but I was hoping to find the exact size for this.

Do you really think that ecotech went thru all this to shave down this tube?. You would think the right size would be available somewhere. Then again, the original part is super smooth and shinny like glass. I polish stone and concrete for a living. To get this type of finish you would have to hone to remove material then polish. This would be a multi step process using diamond abrasives. Since it's a small tube, doing this by hand would be extremely difficult and next to impossible.

ScottD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I think this would be tricky. It's not brittle at all and I think it can take it but I was hoping to find the exact size for this.

Do you really think that ecotech went thru all this to shave down this tube?. You would think the right size would be available somewhere. Then again, the original part is super smooth and shinny like glass. I polish stone and concrete for a living. To get this type of finish you would have to hone to remove material then polish. This would be a multi step process using diamond abrasives. Since it's a small tube, doing this by hand would be extremely difficult and next to impossible.
Ya I doubt they would shave down something. Either they make it themselves to what they need or someone else makes it to their specs. Would it be possible to put something on it to fill in the pores and make it smoother? Also is there a way to drill out the other piece so it would fit over this bigger ceramic tube?

OP
OP
A

Alazo1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tube is really not porous enough to take any kind of filler. Boring the inside of the propeller piece seems like a good idea. With either wet sandpaper made into a small tube or possibly a drill bit as suggested.

I don't have a broken wet side now. I have 4 mp40's in my tank and this idea only came after I bought the wet side assembly that costs nearly $50.00.

I would be happy to try and cut a piece of this off and send it to someone to play around with. I think it would be ok to send in a regular envelope.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never considered this, but if you have access to a metal lathe, they do make diamond tipped cutting tools. I don't have any, and they're not cheap.

But that would be my best guess on how to knock off 1/128" while giving a glass finish.

I'd volunteer, but it wouldn't get done right away, as I'm a bit on the busy side.

OP
OP
A

Alazo1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not in a hurry Sister. PM me your address if interested.

Albert

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back