chocolate tang and powder blue white ich spots come and go.

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t use polylab I personally believe it’s just a management tool it won’t eradicate ich or velvet.

This

And, I do believe your fish has both a very heavy ich infestation, and definitely black ich. I can see the black spots clearly in the first set of photos.

I don’t think it looks like velvet personally, but without seeing it in person it’s hard to say with certainty... some tangs can get so covered in ich that it actually looks like velvet :(

Scotcheggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Polylab suppresses the Ich while in the free floting stage if i remember correctly.

I personally did not like it and cannot see how it could get rid of velvet or ich from a tank.

If I was in your position I would remove the fish and QT then go fallow for 8 weeks.

What other fish are in the tank ?

Stigigemla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me it looks like all three. Ich, black ich and velvet. I would remove the fish from the tank.
As the other fishes dont seem to be infected I dont see any reason to do anything with them. But You cant take the powder blue back in the tank because it will be weak after the treatment.
You can have the tank for years with passive parasites in it but they will attack a sensitive fish or spread in case of a tank crash.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 60 39.0%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 80 51.9%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back