OP
HiddenUser

HiddenUser

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From the looks of that stand I dont think you would ever have to worry about it failing. That is one heavy duty stand.

Yeah - I might have over engineered it a bit. Better safe than sorry and I had fun putting it together. Last time I built something with lumber was like 15 years ago in high school...and that was just a bird house, lol. Put some good use to the power tools that I inherited from my other half's family though!

OP
OP
HiddenUser

HiddenUser

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Electricians came this morning and added 3 outlets / 3 20amp circuits. I moved the stand over, just need to paint it. Then I'll start setting up my fish room while I wait for my tank to be delivered.

image1(1).jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
HiddenUser

HiddenUser

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Painted the bench, uncrated my sump and unpackaged my skimmer...for the second time. LOTS to be done yet...will be slow moving until my tank shows up though.

11051219_718681710790_743027437701398598_n.jpg

11159490_718681690830_5934279307320804129_n.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Man this is a great build!

OP
OP
HiddenUser

HiddenUser

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any recent updates Chukee?

Ordered all the plumbing pieces, 200lbs of Live Sand and 150lbs of Pukani Dry Rock, 50lbs of Complex Tonga Branches. I'm not sure the UPS guy was thrilled to drop off 13+ boxes at my house, haha...Just waiting for the tank at this point. Chatted with Felix this morning...It's looking like end of June.

This past Sunday I also nailed my finger on a table saw...so I'm slightly out of commission. Still have my finger at least, but it's pretty mangled.

booth2010

Newb but eager to learn!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
. I'm not sure the UPS guy was thrilled to drop off 13+ boxes at my house, haha...Just waiting for the tank at this point. Chatted with Felix this morning...It's looking like end of June.

This past Sunday I also nailed my finger on a table saw...so I'm slightly out of commission. Still have my finger at least, but it's pretty mangled.

Haha im sure the 13+ boxes werent the probelm it was probably the 400+lbs of stuff in the boxes lol. Sounds like your gonna be doing a lot of twiddling your thumbs for a bit. In the past 6 months my grandpa has got his finger on the table saw twice, I think he finally learned his lesson the second time around haha.

OP
OP
HiddenUser

HiddenUser

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finger healed up enough to work on the tank? I know you can feel the pain for months depending on how bad you damaged the nerve.

Actually just had surgery (skin graft) last Tuesday. Back to work today, but still in quite a bit of pain. Just maintaining my 90G and 40G tanks has become quite a chore with one of my hands being all wrapped up.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry to hear about your finger buddy!

OP
OP
HiddenUser

HiddenUser

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ChukeeR , do you use table saws at work or just for your own DIY projects. If I used one daily I would get one of those sawstops. Those things are insane.

Just a DIY - Honey Do List project...I work in IT and bang on keyboards for a living.

I've seen Saw Stop as well. The saw I was using was actually passed down from my girlfriends grandparents so I couldn't say 'No'. and buying a newer saw with all the safety features was out of question because 'I already had a saw"...For the cost of the medical bills (even with insurance) that thing would have paid for itself. I'm already at $3k out of pocket. :(

I've read some reviews that it does have false detections (wet / moist wood, staples in the wood, anything else that can conduct electrical current), but for even losing a $50-100 blade + cartridge due to a false detection, it'd be worth it to me albeit frustrating at the time.

OP
OP
HiddenUser

HiddenUser

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATO Container showed up yesterday, It's approximately 25 Gallons. Final resting place TBD, but it'll most likely end up in the space below the sump.

ATO.jpg ATO2.jpg

Back