Cipro Question

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think he’s talking about a microbiome test. No idea what level amplification you would need to get meaningful data but probably well beyond what any hobby test is going to do.
What would we learn from that test? Whether arcobacter is still present? or the relative diversity ? Is the test reliable? Does the sample get skewed in transit? Id think it would.

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So, for 5 straight days I used .125 ml per liter of Cipro to treat BJD. I had a hammer on one side of by my tank dissolve and a very large torch colony get infected. I wound up losing about 9 heads, about half. But as soon as I started dosing, the next day you could see a difference. I tried to save 2 heads, but my Hail Mary didn’t work (3% h2o2 15-1). I left the lights off 18 hours a day once I started treatment in the tank. I’m going to stop treatment today. I’ll put lights on at 12, so I get 18 hours of lights out. I’m going to do a 30% water change later today.

I currently see no BJD in my tank currently.

Funny story, I mixed this stuff up and put it in the fridge after my first dose. When I went to use it for my second dose I grabbed what’s on the right. As I am walking to the tank I said to myself “wow, this stuff expanded”. But then I thought, I thought I put it in the draw to hide it from the kids and I grabbed this from the shelf… my wife and I crossed paths traveling this week and I didn’t know she made Alfredo and I put it in an identical container. The coral and fish almost ate Italian that night….

IMG_3227.jpeg

FernBluffReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
“Coral and fish almost ate Italian” - LoL. Glad things are doing better.

30% WC? It’s been about a week since I finished treatment. I put carbon back in sump yesterday and I just got done making water, plan on 10% or so. Curious why such a large change, given Cipro and light interaction. Or is 30% your norm?

OP
OP
W

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I normally do 10% a week. However my wife and I were out of tow 3 out of 4 weeks, came home and got caught back up in life (kids, dogs , family…) then BJD. So it’s been 6 weeks, so I was thinking 50% of the missed water changes. On a side note I have an ICP test here and I am curious what has been depleted in this time. In July I am consolidating all my stuff into one tank that will be about 450 G system. I’m toying with the monthly ICP and simply replacing what’s missing. I’m going to have to go read up on that.

Back