!!!CLIPPED Vs SHIPPED!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

larangcon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're right params need to be in order first, and sometimes you just get lucky, as a receiver from sellers, often there will be one that comes in DOA, and sellers are more willing to replace it. But, since I asked to wait until encrusted a little, in my opinion the frag is much stronger, I get 100 % survival rate. Remember this is just me, experience from frags I bought. Now, regarding the weather... is another story when shipping and receiving, but that's another topic for a good thread.

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My bc xmss was a freebie unmounted and it grows the fastest ...its a living thing and everything responds differently to conditions . there really is no guarantee what anything is going to do

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Relevant to this point, looks like there may be some science backing up the enhanced survival and growth of freshly cut corals:

http://www.aquariumjunkiescanada.co...t-a-rate-much-higher-than-larvae-grown-corals

its not really so thats interesting for sure. I have always thought that about frags though. I think thats the only reason wild cuts from the ocean can endure the harsh trip from there to here. is essence they are just frags as well. I think that even extends well into the first couple months in captivity. they are almost invincible for that short period. When you think of what they go through. its amazing they live. extreme temp swings, dramatically different water condition, harsh dips etc.

is is like they have some mechanism for ultimate survivability that kicks in.

thanks for chiming in

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Newyorkerx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With some people removing frags from the plugs as soon as they arrive, why even bother with the plugs in the first place? Do they somehow help in shipping?

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
With some people removing frags from the plugs as soon as they arrive, why even bother with the plugs in the first place? Do they somehow help in shipping?

Not in the slightest, but they help in mounting and organizing for sure.

aaron23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won't say that I completely and full heartedly agree with shipping fresh cuts even though they're aquacultured. I'm sure that makes a huge difference. However, fresh cut corals vs encrusted corals is a big difference to me. Many shipped boxes turn out looking like mangled cardboard once they're through soaked through and through from mishandling and weather conditions. It's all about the timing (weather), how the frags are packed, and how the packages are handled. I'm glad that you're a good vendor that sells corals that have been through many generations!

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1035.jpeg

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 46 33.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 28 20.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 27 19.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back