Clown Fish Names?

FL_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I know many will say that it's bad luck to name your fish but we do anyway, lol. So I was wondering what some people have named there clown fish they have? There has been so many different couples throughout history that will go so good with clowns. So we named ours Mr. & Mrs. Smith, get it from the movie, corny I know but it fits. They fought with each other and then have come to be inseparable. So let's hear what you have named yours!
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1385439141.901329.jpg

Ward9320

It's NOT a Nemo!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forget all the bad luck mumbo jumbo, it's only bad luck if you believe it. Most folks probably won't recognize the names but when I got my clowns I had just got done with a book that had talked about Odin from Norse Mythology. Odin had two ravens that flew all over the world and reported back to Odin about everything that went on in his kingdom. The ravens names were Huginn and Muninn and that's what I named my clowns.

Go ahead..... call me a nerd :tongue:

OP
OP
FL_Reefer

FL_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There we go! Keep them coming. Like the thought that went into that Ward9320! I know there are more of you out there...

hammerhead911

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wrote this in a similar thread:

I had two clowns in my old tank that were my first SW fish ever. They were with me for years. Other fish came into the tank, but when the non clowns vanished in the middle of the night, the clowns were there in the morning just smiling. So I named them Pogo and Patches. That was the two names John Wayne Gacy used for his two clown identities when he dressed up for kids parties. Kinda morbid but I just envisioned them hiding the little fish bodies under the rocks while I was sleeping.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FL_Reefer

FL_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I knew there were more of us out there! COJO? Not our cute little clowns, lol I enjoy the originality of the names people give there fish. We have names for all of our fish, that's right I said it, lol

jhoffa92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellowtail damsel name is blue
Purple dotty back is dotty
Two clowns nemo and marlin

Sgchick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny you should ask this question. I just bought my first two clownfish and I'm having my grandsons name them. Lol. They will be over today for our Thanksgiving celebration. Wanna bet one will be named Nemo? I'll let you know what they come up with. :) Happy Friday everyone!!

OP
OP
FL_Reefer

FL_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny you should ask this question. I just bought my first two clownfish and I'm having my grandsons name them. Lol. They will be over today for our Thanksgiving celebration. Wanna bet one will be named Nemo? I'll let you know what they come up with. :) Happy Friday everyone!!

Congrats on the new additions!! Can't wait to hear what the little guys come up with!

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 29 26.6%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 53 48.6%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 16.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%
Back