Clown fish took a fateful dive

Aquariumaddictuk

Discus Sensei, Reefing Padawan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As title.
Had a well established pair of clowns for over a year & one somehow took a nighttime jump onto the carpet.
I'm utterly confused as to how it squeezed out through a minute gap at rear of mesh lid but there you go.
It's always sad to lose a fish & as these were my first stocking it stings even more.

This leaves one clown, along with my gramma & copperband.

I'm unsure what to do now regarding adding another clown.
I know they are aggressive little devils & I'm not sure whether to leave the single fish in there or to get another to soothe his/her loss.

Any advice would be appreciated!

saltcreep74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel for you... I just lost mine last nite...came home from work and found the little guy ended up on top of the screen lid...I too had a gap where the cords for the stupid powerheads were coming out...that's why I want to switch to MP's instead of the Nero's I have....I hate cords inside a tank...

OP
OP
Aquariumaddictuk

Aquariumaddictuk

Discus Sensei, Reefing Padawan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel for you... I just lost mine last nite...came home from work and found the little guy ended up on top of the screen lid...I too had a gap where the cords for the stupid powerheads were coming out...that's why I want to switch to MP's instead of the Nero's I have....I hate cords inside a tank...
Yep.
Cords to my sicce pumps were the same.
New build next year will be cordless

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your loss, bummer! I had a pair that were together for a year and a half. Got home from a week vacation with the one beat near death and the other clown continuously dive bombing it. Although I got it out it didn’t make it. I purchased another with about half the size difference and they have been great since the introduction.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.9%
Back