OP
OP
F

frezel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got some advise from a local breeder, really helped me out made me go back to basics, overlooked nitrates which were sky high, so roof some water changes , add more live tock and watcing hiw much I feed. Hopefully more stable parameters will work.

saltwater bob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's cool. Where are you located? Let us know how it works out and good luck with the breeding

OP
OP
F

frezel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's cool. Where are you located? Let us know how it works out and good luck with the breeding

im in bucks county, doylestown to be exact, do u breed too? always looking for a close support system

OP
OP
F

frezel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok question. i have an adult pair picasso that i bought that were suppose to be breeding( fyi no proof of breeding my stupidity) however dispire my futile attempts have not breed. female is 3 inch with male almost same size,granted things have been off in my system but recently have been improving and have noted a huge increase in activity in my coules except for this one picasso pair. they act like a married couope of 50 years, they just eat and basically suspend themselves in the pot side by side, no pot cleaning, no rubbing no shaking no nothing just stare out from the pot. is this normal. should i split them up an add a small male to the female and turn the large male , female. or should i give it more time since tank has become more stable. should i put a smaller pot in there. i tried doing tiles abour a month back but then they just swam in the open part of tank never going near the tiles?. what tricks have y guys used to spark the fire back in their eyes lol.

OP
OP
F

frezel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok question. i have an adult pair picasso that i bought that were suppose to be breeding( fyi no proof of breeding my stupidity) however dispire my futile attempts have not breed. female is 3 inch with male almost same size,granted things have been off in my system but recently have been improving and have noted a huge increase in activity in my coules except for this one picasso pair. they act like a married couope of 50 years, they just eat and basically suspend themselves in the pot side by side, no pot cleaning, no rubbing no shaking no nothing just stare out from the pot. is this normal. should i split them up an add a small male to the female and turn the large male , female. or should i give it more time since tank has become more stable. should i put a smaller pot in there. i tried doing tiles abour a month back but then they just swam in the open part of tank never going near the tiles?. what tricks have y guys used to spark the fire back in their eyes lol.

still the same just swimming , everyone else is biting the pot a twitching, should i give them more time or split them and try to turn male female and see if new mates will spark an interet.

OP
OP
F

frezel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So.watching my tanks, a lot of pre spawning behavior and still no.action. I am seriously about to give up and reclaim my spare room. I.spared no.exspense and gave them a perfect envirronment for way to long, urghhh so.frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clownfish Depot

Clownfish Breeder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So.watching my tanks, a lot of pre spawning behavior and still no.action. I am seriously about to give up and reclaim my spare room. I.spared no.exspense and gave them a perfect envirronment for way to long, urghhh so.frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't give up now. You have been at it since February so you should start to see some results soon. Just remember to try and keep the water parameters as stable and pristine as possible and things should start to happend for you. Good Luck!!

OP
OP
F

frezel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ughh ever watch a pot boil , its like that lol everyday i run down like it could be christmas morning and nothing..... i am just gonna shut the door and chexk on them every so often

OP
OP
F

frezel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well finally my female oscelarius and snowflake male laid, however he is young so first nest there were about 50 eggs left, the second nest were more but i was all up in their faces while they were laying i think he had stage fright. there were more eggs bit stayed white for awhile then he ate them all lol, i cant win. anyway ill let a few more go by before i get alll upset again.

Bovine

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im glad to see an update, you got any pics of your setup? i read the whole thread. i feel like im in your shoes..

Midway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Patience is the name of this game. Out of my 8 to 10 pairs that I had when I started having a shot at this, I had to wait something like 8 months to a year for the first pair to laid their first clutch. Once the first pair starts breeding they mush release something on the water and then others start sooner or later as well. So far I have 5 pairs out 15 on cycle. Let me tell you and other can confirm this, only 5 pairs on a cycle, its a LOT of eggs and a LOT of work...lol. I can't imagine something like 10 pairs on a cycle!!! I'm barely keeping up with 5. When Mother nature decides to go ohhh they GO!!

Bucknutz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always thought of trying to breed clownfish. Following along.

OP
OP
F

frezel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
clownfish breeding system - YouTube

this is my make shift system with a 40 gallon sump and skimmer and bio pellet reactor and live rock.

also 3rd nest went down yesterday, but the eggs are very light in color so far day 2 he did not eat any we will see tommorow if they darken if they don't he start to eat them

OP
OP
F

frezel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah well theres about 15 dark eggs and the rest are still pale colored, he ate about 50% of them. this is so depressing if they don't get it together soon I'm really gonna be bummed out

OP
OP
F

frezel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah April if nothing happens I'm selling all the pairs for what I paid for. With new baby in house don't have time or money

tudamxm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frezel, it's mike from renegade reefers
You still have an onyx pair
Keep me in mind if you part ways

OP
OP
F

frezel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i almost wanna cry after a year of trying my hardest the one oscelarius and snowflake pair did it, i was gonna give up on the female thinking her eggs were garbage but today i came home to a very large nest of dark eggs, finally i think im gonna get my hands wet in raising some fish. this nest was so successful the next will be better i hope and then i will order my food and get a rodi culture going. thats just a quick update. btw alphacorals gave me some advice 2 months back and i hate that i forgot his name but thanks to him i got back on track, thanks (i think his name was chris for some reason).

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 36.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back