Compiling a List of Rarest (Most $$) Zoas/Palys

Echidna09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys!

I have been out of the loop for a while, but I'm back now and trying to figure out what the market is like. Back in my day, Purple People Eaters were the top dog at $40 per polyp, but things have changed. It is difficult and overwhelming to figure out what is hot now and what a fair purchase price is.

I want to compile a list of the hottest and most coveted zoas and palys in the trade right now along with the retail value and a fair purchase price.

This list can be as comprehensive as there is interest, but I want to focus on high end stuff at the beginning.

From what I gathered so far:

Polyp Name............Fair Purchase Price.....(Retail Value)

Hallucinations..........$150............................($200-$300)
Snitches....................$100............................($180)

Thanks for your help!

roninmagik1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mm....utter chaos are pretty desirable, my lfs had them at $30 a polyp. i'm in FLA, if that helps any. i'm not sure of fair purchase price.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mm....utter chaos are pretty desirable, my lfs had them at $30 a polyp. i'm in FLA, if that helps any. i'm not sure of fair purchase price.

Wish I could get that here. The last frag swap I had plugs with 5 plus polyps and couldn't get $30 for the plug.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are your prices including shipping are is this what you expect to pay locally? I know in the Dallas area I see hallucinations for around $100pp. I see strats have been mentioned. I haven't seen anyone selling one in a long time so no idea what you would expect to pay. JF Bloodshots are one of my favs at the moment, maybe because I had been trying to get a frag for over a year and Jason finally had a frag at our last local frag swap. They will run you around $80pp. Tree house of horrors is another favorite of mine and they go for around $70pp I believe.

Stephanie11

Fragaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I live in Maine. We're dry up here. I'm the importer of zoas. Then people grow them out and under cut like crazy. So then I horde them and sell certain ones online. Like pink kracks, rainbow incinerators. My lfs will give me the same trade in price for those as they would give me pp on say red hornets or vivid rainbow, which both of those grow like weeds for me.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I can't let pink kraks go for $25pp around me. Just no one who collects zoas. I believe location is key to everything and the hobbyist who's selling it.

I agree. Even though Dallas has a huge market they seem to be a lot of cheapskates when it comes to zoas. The couple of serious collectors I know in the area have to sell online because they would have to knock 50 to 75% off the retail price to sell locally. Now if it is an acro then they will pay the crazy prices locally.

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pink Krakatoas grow like weeds in my tank and I've had to give them away as freebies with other frags to get rid of them. I'm just going to let them grow out in my tank and not even bother trying to sell them anymore.
Hallucinations and Bloodshots are still very desirable. Everytime I cut those I am easily able to sell them quickly.

Lilmatty5dimes

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pink Krakatoas grow like weeds in my tank and I've had to give them away as freebies with other frags to get rid of them. I'm just going to let them grow out in my tank and not even bother trying to sell them anymore.
Hallucinations and Bloodshots are still very desirable. Everytime I cut those I am easily able to sell them quickly.
what do you sell those for?

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually let them go pretty cheap as add ons to frag packs. If you're interested pm me. I have a couple of nice sized frags ready to go at the moment:) I also have a single polyp frag of Hallucinations available too.

ALEFER

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
stratosphere i heard they go for $500 pp, if you can find any.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 30 36.1%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 47 56.6%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back