Connecting apex A3 to fusion

Aidan_823

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I just got my A3 Apex and I've been trying to set it up through fusion on my phone but its been stuck on the "connecting to your apex" screen for HOURS and all three link to Apex.local don't work for me the base unit has been stuck on the blue logo. I don't know what else to try so anything helps. Thank you

jmo040483

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following same problem
I had the same problem with my apex jr. I had a user here tell me to connect the apex to phone’s hotspot and then from there connect it to my home’s WiFi. I did what he said and did a reset on my apex and connected right away. Hope this helps.

jmo040483

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what the user explained to me:

Just to clarify as people search for this thread.

The new apex acts as a wifi network that your phone (or any wifi capable device) can connect to. Just like new wifi compatable refrigerators show up on your network list. Once you connect directly to apex, you can add your home network and password so that it can connect directly to fusion. After that, everything is done through the apex fusion app.

Ross

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I called apex and they walked me through it, which included remoting in to my computer and changing some network settings and other things. It was a long process and something i could have never done by myself, but they got it working.

OP
OP
Aidan_823

Aidan_823

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same problem with my apex jr. I had a user here tell me to connect the apex to phone’s hotspot and then from there connect it to my home’s WiFi. I did what he said and did a reset on my apex and connected right away. Hope this helps.
Right when I connect to the hotspot I should go to wifi?

mtwizzles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I called apex and they walked me through it, which included remoting in to my computer and changing some network settings and other things. It was a long process and something i could have never done by myself, but they got it working.

would you mind sharing what they did to help out? I'm having an insane time trying to get this to connect.

Amiller295

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine actually came from BRS with the wrong software. They had to remote into my computer and connect to the Apex by Ethernet. They updated the software, and everything worked fine….

Ross

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would you mind sharing what they did to help out? I'm having an insane time trying to get this to connect.
I wish I could tell you, it was way over my head. Involved remoting in to my computer, programming things, adjusting server settings, etc. If you give them a call I bet they can get you all fixed.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back