Coral Beauty won't eat

Keywest99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a Coral Beauty from my LFS 5 days ago and still haven't seen him eat. I've tried frozen brine shrimp, mysis, Omega One flakes, nori and live black worms. He checks the food out, getting right up to it but never eats it. All the other fish are doing fine and eating well. Nobody is bullying him at all. He looks healthy and full-bodied. I did request to see him eat at the store. The employee said they just ate but tossed some brine in anyway. None of the fish ate, so I guess he was right about just feeding them. Any ideas??? Thanks in advance

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is he pecking algae on the rocks? Not uncommon for new fish but I would monitor closely. They need frozen with green in it like spirula brine and also sponge in their diet.

OP
OP
Keywest99

Keywest99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A small percula clown, scooter blenny, very small blue tang, yellow watchman goby and Anthias

KandAReefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also make sure you are not standing to close to the tank when feeding. I had issues with a tang always hiding if I was within 5 ft of the tank.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any QT?

Parasites are a possibility when a healthy looking fish doesn't eat. Prazi is safe for the display and gets most worms.

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prop up your phone, feed your tank and walk away for 20 minutes. After that review the footage. Lots of good info there. Most fish know that you are there, so it will stress them out and make them not eat. Also, you can double check to make sure there is no bullying going on.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 24 24.0%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 21 21.0%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 12 12.0%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 36 36.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back