Coralvue Hydros Automated Water Testing Unit - MAVEN - ALK/CAL/MAG/PHOS/NITRATE

Ky_acc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very interesting, curious what maintenance look like?

- replacing reagents
- calibrating pumps / probes
- cleaning the unit
- etc.

officialreefbros

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious how the pumping is going to work. Like is it all internal or do you need like the x10 to pump into it? Also will be neat to see if it follows the IV station idea of having one unit able to support multiple tanks. It's exciting!

OP
OP
JeffB418

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious how the pumping is going to work. Like is it all internal or do you need like the x10 to pump into it? Also will be neat to see if it follows the IV station idea of having one unit able to support multiple tanks. It's exciting!
Pump is internal. No external or other devices needed. Except for reagent bottles which are kept external.

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m pretty heavily invested in Neptune gear at this point but I don’t have a trident yet. I would get this as a stand alone if it gets great reviews and based on the Hydros track record I think it probably will.

Hitchhik3r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been holding tight for an updated version of trident but looks like I may be jumping ship to Hydros now

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This Is really cool. I know folks are hating on the apex. While I agree their innovation is lacking, I do enjoy how it programs. If my apex ever poops the bed, I'd be hard pressed to not give the hydros a try. Seems like neptune doesn't enjoy v2 of their devices.

OP
OP
JeffB418

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some points about this new device:
- this is also a CONTROL device. Which means it’s a full up controller too. All the software features you get from any other hydros control, you get with this too. So those drive and sense ports can be used with any hydros accessories.
- being a controller too. It supports up to 8 WiFi devices as well such as sicce pumps, WiFi Feeder, 4 outlet strip and 1 outlet plug
- no other devices needed. All pumps are built into the unit it needs.
- hydros already has something called Dynamic Dosing. This is an adaptive dosing programming based on a sample input. This is the same thing as trident assisted dosing that Neptune has. But it’s not tied to any particular doser or sample input like Neptune’s. You can use those 2 drive ports on the maven to control 2 simple hydros dosers and dose dynamically based off mavens measurements. This includes phos and nitrate as well!
- Need more dosers? Pick up a new Hydros Minnow and connect it to the maven using the command bus port. Dedicated link between units for fail proof communication.

Also… like many other hydros devices. This unit is splash proof and built for use around aquariums. If you look at the exploded view, you will see the test vial is isolated from the electronics. Plus easy to service.

IMG_7983.jpeg

officialreefbros

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some points about this new device:
- this is also a CONTROL device. Which means it’s a full up controller too. All the software features you get from any other hydros control, you get with this too. So those drive and sense ports can be used with any hydros accessories.
- being a controller too. It supports up to 8 WiFi devices as well such as sicce pumps, WiFi Feeder, 4 outlet strip and 1 outlet plug
- no other devices needed. All pumps are built into the unit it needs.
- hydros already has something called Dynamic Dosing. This is an adaptive dosing programming based on a sample input. This is the same thing as trident assisted dosing that Neptune has. But it’s not tied to any particular doser or sample input like Neptune’s. You can use those 2 drive ports on the maven to control 2 simple hydros dosers and dose dynamically based off mavens measurements. This includes phos and nitrate as well!
- Need more dosers? Pick up a new Hydros Minnow and connect it to the maven using the command bus port. Dedicated link between units for fail proof communication.

Also… like many other hydros devices. This unit is splash proof and built for use around aquariums. If you look at the exploded view, you will see the test vial is isolated from the electronics. Plus easy to service.

IMG_7983.jpeg
Awesome! It's only missing a ph probe then, I guess that's where an x3 comes in!

David_CO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does it test NO3 and PO4? Is it an actual probe, or a photometer?
based on the imagery shared its all done with photometers, it looks like there are 6 despite testing for 5 parameters.....

I'll be interested in how they worked out stable fully liquid reagents for nitrate and phosphate.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 24 23.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 74 71.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.8%
Back