Coralvue Hydros Automated Water Testing Unit - MAVEN - ALK/CAL/MAG/PHOS/NITRATE

PhilT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What other hydros equipment is required to run it?

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
$1000+ is the going rate for 5+ parameter testing devices. Mastertronic is $1300, Smart Reef is $600 and only does 1 parameter. Trident is $675 and does 3, not 5. Reefbot is $1000+

My guess if Neptune ever does come out with a Nitrate & Phos tester, it will be another ~$700 device. So org trident plus new trident would be $1200 and still require a brain.

You can’t really use Focustronic as a comparison to anything because their business strategy is to overprice their products, make bad apps and treat their customers like garbage. They’re done. Reefbot, also done.

If I were CV I’d offer a starter package with a Launch and a Maven and price it $1200. I have an X4, XS, XP8 and I would still buy that, plus you’d steal Apex users.

And frankly, CV needs some friendly new blood in customer support.

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was posted on a FB page but someone deleted it. Maybe it was fake idk but it was quite convincing.
IMG_0771.jpeg
With this coming out, maybe, I wonder how many used v1s will be hitting the used market. Adds to the decisions to make.

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It is literally stated in this thread that the unit is stand alone and you can even use probes and connect the outlets to it.
He asked what else it required, and you replied ”standalone unit” so I thought you were saying he needed another unit to control it. Hydros devices use canbus so all connected devices run the controller software and communicate with all other connected devices in a collective.

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He asked what else it required, and you replied ”standalone unit” so I thought you were saying he needed another unit to control it. Hydros devices use canbus so all connected devices run the controller software and communicate with all other connected devices in a collective.
Season 3 Picard GIF by Paramount+

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was posted on a FB page but someone deleted it. Maybe it was fake idk but it was quite convincing.
IMG_0771.jpeg

Hmm looking at that, almost looks like a completely separate trident for N+P so you’d still need the other for the other three

You do realize the Maven is a controller. It just happens it uses most of the microprocess IO for the testing process. They were still able to add 2 drive ports and 2 sense ports to it. It can also control wifi devices such as their wifi power strips. If the Hydros device has command bus ports it is a controller. All controllers can be used stand alone or in a collective. Not sure what the limit on a collective is. I have 14 controllers in a collective and have not hit it yet.

Thanks! I did not realize that. I guess I’m just used to Apex with a main “brain” per se

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm looking at that, almost looks like a completely separate trident for N+P so you’d still need the other for the other three

Assuming that is real and not photoshopped (plenty of that going around)...

David_CO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my trident is fine, but i dont have room under my cabinet for 2 of these things, I already have the KH keeper external. Also if they aren't improving the design (easier to clean cuvette, poor tray/hose situation etc) im passing.

what fb group is that?

tsharpe291

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hope they change the tubing connections

Rene2br

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am wondering what is the footprint for this Hydros. Is this something that will fit under most stands. Is it like a sample station?

Gotfrogs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my trident is fine, but i dont have room under my cabinet for 2 of these things, I already have the KH keeper external. Also if they aren't improving the design (easier to clean cuvette, poor tray/hose situation etc) im passing.

what fb group is that?
I have the exact same thought. I could make space but don’t want two “tridents” to test everything. I might keep my trident and use it to control my Alk, Mg and Ca dosing and add a Maven (my first Hydros hardware) to control nitrate dosing and nopox and as a backup/reference for calcium and alk.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back