Coralvue Hydros Automated Water Testing Unit - MAVEN - ALK/CAL/MAG/PHOS/NITRATE

Connor At CoralVue

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What other hydros equipment is required to run it?

We are seeing this and want to make it clear that THE HYDROS MAVEN CAN BE STANDALONE :)

It could be your first entry into the HYDROS universe. However, as with ALL HYDROS, you can start anywhere and continue to add on.

The Maven is a Control and an AutoTester. It has 2 Sense ports to where you could add leak detectors, water level, temp sensor, ANY SENSE PORT ACCESSORY. It also has Drive Ports to add Dosers, ATO Pumps, etc. And as mentioned, you can expand with more HYDROS Controls to grow your Collective!

Fun HYDROS times ahead!

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does it take 7 when its only testing for 5 things.
Some test I do require more than one reagent such as calcium and magnesium. So that is understandable since they are added at different times during the test.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish the following information was available:
Price of the unit
Ship date
Price of reagents
Number of tests/duration reagents should last
Supported range and accuracy of each test parameter
Some of that info is not available for any of their releases until it is very close to release.

Gotfrogs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of that info is not available for any of their releases until it is very close to release.
Yep, I was really hoping that it was shipping now. Hopefully this does not turn out to be another Trident or Kraken that is announced well over a year before it ships to customers.

beesnreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, I was really hoping that it was shipping now. Hopefully this does not turn out to be another Trident or Kraken that is announced well over a year before it ships to customers.
Judging by today’s video, it might be. They basically said, “we hope it’s out in 2024”

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The amount of people we are bleeding out of this hobby, the only ones left probably wont invest 1500 dollars in a tester, as they are hardcore old school.

If you look at the FS forum, you will see a lot of people unloading their gear because of a exodus.
Things are getting really stupidly expensive, and it doesn't help that fish and sought after corals are also getting very pricey as well.

Reefin' Alaska

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The amount of people we are bleeding out of this hobby, the only ones left probably wont invest 1500 dollars in a tester, as they are hardcore old school.

If you look at the FS forum, you will see a lot of people unloading their gear because of a exodus.
Things are getting really stupidly expensive, and it doesn't help that fish and sought after corals are also getting very pricey as well.
Red Sea charging $100 for a 10g molded plastic jug is pretty indicative of the way this hobby is heading.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish the following information was available:
Price of the unit
Ship date
Price of reagents
Number of tests/duration reagents should last
Supported range and accuracy of each test parameter

It will be - give them some time.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea charging $100 for a 10g molded plastic jug is pretty indicative of the way this hobby is heading.

Maybe. Then again how many hobbyist are paying $150 for a freshly cut, and mounted, frag all in the name of a color morph? Control what you can ignore the noise. If this doesn't work for you great but that doesn't mean it won't work for Biff, Bob, or Sally.

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup. Why I always try to find second hand. Im running an Apex EL i got second hand. Been working great for over a year and half.

Heres_doe_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are seeing this and want to make it clear that THE HYDROS MAVEN CAN BE STANDALONE :)

It could be your first entry into the HYDROS universe. However, as with ALL HYDROS, you can start anywhere and continue to add on.

The Maven is a Control and an AutoTester. It has 2 Sense ports to where you could add leak detectors, water level, temp sensor, ANY SENSE PORT ACCESSORY. It also has Drive Ports to add Dosers, ATO Pumps, etc. And as mentioned, you can expand with more HYDROS Controls to grow your Collective!

Fun HYDROS times ahead!
Now answer this what’s price range

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watched the video.

Cool that it can test multiple tanks (needs to be close to the Maven) but it doesn’t sound like its coming out anytime soon.

You can see they cut the video right after they said price and availability :yawning-face: You should know the price by now.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watched the video.

Cool that it can test multiple tanks (needs to be close to the Maven) but it doesn’t sound like its coming out anytime soon.

You can see they cut the video right after they said price and availability :yawning-face: You should know the price by now.
Things can change after it goes through beta testing so there may not be a firm price until after beta testing is completed. They have never released pricing until they are near release on products.

rhostam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As with others, I have substantial sums “invested” in Apex. But solutions like this particular product might just be the catalyst for me to switch over. The design appears practical and the addition of NO3/PO4 sadly is important for me due to my feeding patterns. Very interested!

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Instead of switching from one's current controller brand, why not run this in addition to one's current controller? Use this for testing and to add some system redundancy, it's standalone. Why take such a loss on what you have already invested in? Assuming your current controller is working for you, and you are not completely dissatisfied with it.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 44 29.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 41 27.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.3%
Back