OP
OP
Tom Stevens

Tom Stevens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, power has been out over an hour with no estimate when it will be restored! Happily, I invested in a generator a couple of months ago. Tanks are up and running.

I hope this outage downs not last long!

OP
OP
Tom Stevens

Tom Stevens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, power has been out over an hour with no estimate when it will be restored! Happily, I invested in a generator a couple of months ago. Tanks are up and running.

I hope this outage downs not last long!
Quick update, power outage lasted about 3 hours. Everything worked out OK. I am glad I have a backup power supply for these moments.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update, power outage lasted about 3 hours. Everything worked out OK. I am glad I have a backup power supply for these moments.
LOL, I was in the same boat a few days ago. Though I know that my battery back ups will outlast my patience, as I tried to see how long they would last, lol, it was still a nail biting situation waiting on the power to comeback on. I am glad everything worked out. :)

tricky_tran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
man, that is a sexy build. do you know how much cheaper it would have been if you went down to Oceanside to pick it up instead of delivered? i plan to order a 60x30x24 in the near future. Tank only

OP
OP
Tom Stevens

Tom Stevens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
man, that is a sexy build. do you know how much cheaper it would have been if you went down to Oceanside to pick it up instead of delivered? i plan to order a 60x30x24 in the near future. Tank only
Hi, and thank you. When CDA provided a quote, shipping was not broken out. Considering how heavy these tanks are, I would have paid to have it delivered.

Something you might want to consider, if your new dream tank is damaged between CDA and your home, it is not on you if you use CDA shipping.

OP
OP
Tom Stevens

Tom Stevens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, I was in the same boat a few days ago. Though I know that my battery back ups will outlast my patience, as I tried to see how long they would last, lol, it was still a nail biting situation waiting on the power to comeback on. I am glad everything worked out. :)
I am going to pick up a battery for the return pump. But since I was home I would have pulled out the generator anyway as I would have been too worried.

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to pick up a battery for the return pump. But since I was home I would have pulled out the generator anyway as I would have been too worried.
I have a battery back up on both of my Ecotech pumps, I currently have 1 battery back up on my Gyre 350. Its the Gyre 350 that I am more concerned with. I plan on adding a couple more battery backups, in series, to help the Gyre as I will add another 350 pump on my upgrade. The Gyres break the water surface, and thus oxygenate the water. I thought about putting battery backups on my return pumps, but they may last 20 percent of what a flow pump will. Like you, I have a generator, but I need enough time to get home to turn it on and connect my tank to it. Short of adding a whole home generator, not a very cost effective situation for me, as I really don't have power outages lasting longer than 2-4 hours, I feel this is the best thing.

tricky_tran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, and thank you. When CDA provided a quote, shipping was not broken out. Considering how heavy these tanks are, I would have paid to have it delivered.

Something you might want to consider, if your new dream tank is damaged between CDA and your home, it is not on you if you use CDA shipping.

shouldnt have been lazy and looked it up before i asked you.. lol

$160 for delivery.. thats probably cheaper than renting a trailer and gas back and forth.

1612388115567.png

OP
OP
Tom Stevens

Tom Stevens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
shouldnt have been lazy and looked it up before i asked you.. lol

$160 for delivery.. thats probably cheaper than renting a trailer and gas back and forth.

1612388115567.png
Did you order already? If not, I would call and talk with Zoya. They may be able to do better than their website :). Just say’n.

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kept at 1 1/2 inch, but if I did it again, I would reduce to 1”. It is kinda finicky to get a symphony going with an bean animal setup with 1 1/2” drains.
Do you have a picture of the drain setup? I am done with the plumbing, but doing the overflow plumbing now, just trying to see how you shoehorned the setup in the overflow box. My main question is the half siphon drain.

Buffalou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered and received my custom CDA a couple of months ago, you will not be disappointed. Great service and Zoya's advice and help was priceless. Shipping was included and she even advised my to not sign for delivery until I completely checked out tank, now that's QA assurance.

OP
OP
Tom Stevens

Tom Stevens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a picture of the drain setup? I am done with the plumbing, but doing the overflow plumbing now, just trying to see how you shoehorned the setup in the overflow box. My main question is the half siphon drain.
I will try to get a picture tomorrow. Basically, as you suggest, it is tight fit. The main drain is in the middle using a pancake strainer, emergency drain is on the left and

OP
OP
Tom Stevens

Tom Stevens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will try to get a picture tomorrow. Basically, as you suggest, it is tight fit. The main drain is in the middle using a pancake strainer, emergency drain is on the left and
I did not realize the message was cut off. On the right is the secondary drain. I used a street 90 angle connected to a regular 90 with a very short piece of pipe. It barely fit.

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will have the half siphon on the left, overflow in the center, and fill siphon on the right. I can fit them in, it’s just extremely tight.

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's one thing I wasn't sure how I wanted to proceed, whether I wanted to install a Tee or drill a hole in the secondary using elbows. As far as installing a Tee, I wasn't sure if their was enough room.

Buffalou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tight fit is putting it mildly! I had to actually cut back the bulkhead threaded portion of fitting inside the overflow box so I could move bean return piping if need be.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back