Cupramine vs copper safe

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fair enough. Thanks for the feedback.

You recommend using coppersafe over cupramine? Can prazipro be used in conjunction with it?

I do prefer Coppersafe over Cupramine; make sure you also buy an API copper test kit to measure it with. You can mix it with Prazipro in a pinch, although it is not optimal to do so because of the possibility of causing a bacterial bloom.

robby2782

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do prefer Coppersafe over Cupramine; make sure you also buy an API copper test kit to measure it with. You can mix it with Prazipro in a pinch, although it is not optimal to do so because of the possibility of causing a bacterial bloom.

Awesome, thanks. I have an API kit that I purchased for cupramine, and then realized it wasn't applicable to the type of copper. Lol

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@robby2782 Can you tell me what is says underneath the table? "Conclusion: this product complies with the stands of "?". I can't read it.

The blurb underneath as well..... "the above information is a direct translation of the information provided from the manufacturer. It should only be used for educational purposes and not intended for strict quality control analysis by the purchaser of this product". It sounds like that cert is great proof, but I've had analysis done and that's not what it looks like. A useful analysis tests and TELLS you wants in it. This is looking at the information the manufacturer supplied, so that's not worth much unless there's more information on there to corroborate what he's saying.

Where's the certificate of who did the analysis. It has to be verifiable, or it could have been typed up my his Mamma. Is there more information on there than what I can see on the paper?

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seachem and sailifert are best for cupramine, API for coppersafe. It's because of the range of optimal measurement
I use the Seachem copper test kit (mostly because it was all I could get in a pinch). According to the instructions, it measures all types of copper. FYI.

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See attached. You'll laugh at his initial response. Lol
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1465059577.382444.jpg

I didn't even have to tell him who warned me about it. Haha

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1465059618.849706.jpg

This is where it is stated to have come from.
Lol this is great. You're famous Humblefish

Last edited:

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The CP I'm currently using is from that specific guy on Ebay (jweage). This is the 2nd time i've used it and so far I gotta say i'm impressed. I will let you guys know if my fishes break out though. Honestly, that company may be trying to stretch the truth to sell their product, but I think the CP is legit. It's been working well. I work with multiple doctors who will write me a script for anything I need, so if I have any problems it's not a big deal. I'll just get some CP from the pharmacy, but if it ain't broke- I ain't tryin' to fix it. lol

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do want to try some Coppersafe though. You guys got me interested.

fishkeeper2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used Cupramine in the past with great success. Do not use simultaneously with Prime.

Once done, use carbon to extract. Overload on the amount of carbon that you use to extract it, meaning the more the merrier. Salifert makes a decent copper test kit.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 109 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.4%
Back