Cutting cell cast acrylic

Jblaine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard of people cutting 3/8” to 1/2” cell cast acrylic on a table saw and with a circular saw. What blade do they use? Any info on cutting it will help.
Thanks

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The more teeth the better. Wear eye protection.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I use this:

But I have also used a saw made for plywood. They have allot of teeth but the one shows above is far superior.
The plywood ones do a little melting. I think those that are serious about cutting acrylic use the one linked above or need really good cuts.

I agree with above. A piece of acrylic in the eye is painful and it does go everywhere and stick to everything.
It also can be rather hot.

JPG@CFI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use 80 tooth triple chip grind 10” blades in my Powermatic 66 Table saw. We run them for a month and a half and change to a freshly sharpened one. I have a professional tank building business for the last 20 years, and have had my blades resharpened many dozens of times. It keeps the heat out of the acrylic. If you want to check out my Instagram, it’s Clear Fabrications. Ultimately, any carbide blade in a table say will do it, but a tuned table saw with the above mentioned blades wis zip through acrylic like butter.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use this:

But I have also used a saw made for plywood. They have allot of teeth but the one shows above is far superior.
The plywood ones do a little melting. I think those that are serious about cutting acrylic use the one linked above or need really good cuts.

I agree with above. A piece of acrylic in the eye is painful and it does go everywhere and stick to everything.
It also can be rather hot.
LOL, this is the exact same blade I use.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back