deepwater zoos

jerl77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anybody have luck with them? i got a bunch and they just melt away if i get reg zoos no problems at all
does anybody have the same problem?
let_it_all_out.gif

wicked demon

trained monkey
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when i have gotten them in i split them up and lugols dip, usually have 70%-80% die off. once they are in a stable envirnment they do ok, just look for aqua cultured frags.

Nanofins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've found them to do just as well as most wild zoas, as long as you treat them right when they first come in. I keep mine in lower light, moderate temps, and good strong flow for the first month or so, and then they can be adapted to regular conditions without too many issues, IME. I have the fruitloops, the ones called emeralds on fire/firefrogs, belladonnas, and a couple others that I got and haven't had any issues with so far.

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 to what Wicked said, look for the frags of those that have been aquacultured. Much hardier than the ones that are newly shipped in.

deepbluesea

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ditto on the iodine dip and as with all zoas pick the dead tissue off and look for sponge it always dies and will take your zoas with it.good strong water flow like in a sps reef will keep the little dead bits from clinging and becoming a fungus garden i lost mabe 20% off my wild colonys following these steps.hope it helps there worth the effort,cultured is always better though.

650-IS350

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
treat them right when they first come in. I keep mine in lower light, moderate temps, and good strong flow for the first month or so, and then they can be adapted to regular conditions without too many issues +1

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.9%
Back