0   0   0
Picked up a gold nugget today.
f4bfea43f8f706030dfd1d67431006c0.png

DavinciClown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are my guys really want to get some offspring from this Davinci and Picasso pair. Really fond of the percula its an Extreme Masked Fang Picasso thats what the breeder was calling him. He might be heterozygous for Helmet as one of the parents is a helmet. And My female is an Extreme Grade A DaVinci Occellaris (Grade A on one side and Extreme on the other)
IMG_1967.jpeg
IMG_2030.jpeg
IMG_2008.jpeg
IMG_2023.jpeg
IMG_2029.jpeg

Peanut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As cool as they look...I just don't get it.

I recently saw what looked like a lightning clown at a pet store. It was laying on its side on the bottom, not looking good, so I said something to the worker who replied that "he's fine, we have had him for weeks he has been like that since we got him, he is just retarded from all the inbreeding"

I recently saw a pair of these black and white panda/cow looking clowns at a frag swap. $400 for a pair.

Can you imagine if some dog breeder decided he wanted to breed his dogs until it looked like a zebra...all for the money. The public would be outraged.

Also....what happens to the 100s or 1000s of offspring that dont look like the end product or the product they started out as? Surely those are very undesirable and cant be sold. Are they donated to local shelters for adoption or just flushed?

TDS ZERO

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Peanut the clownfish babies would be super beautiful IMO. They would all be desirable
Great looking fish to have in a reef tank .

Peanut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Peanut the clownfish babies would be super beautiful IMO. They would all be desirable
Great looking fish to have in a reef tank .

I don't think you're being realistic. If we use the lighting maroon as an example, in the years it took to develop it, where are all the generations of fish that were neither the original or the final product? how many generations was that? It had to be 1000s and 1000s of fish that were bred and destroyed. buts it all justified beacuse they end up with a fish they sell for $400

TDS ZERO

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Peanut I know nothing about lightning maroon clownfish. So i cannot speak for that

If you are breeding designer clownfish - everything will sell - you just hope the fish are going to the best homes possible.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back