Designer Clownfish Pictorial

LbulletM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think you're being realistic. If we use the lighting maroon as an example, in the years it took to develop it, where are all the generations of fish that were neither the original or the final product? how many generations was that? It had to be 1000s and 1000s of fish that were bred and destroyed. buts it all justified beacuse they end up with a fish they sell for $400

The undesirable patterned ones are the ones sold for $20 at every pet store with a salt tank in America.

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^I'd just reword slightly, the ones w/out lightning pattern were sold like regular maroons, I'm sure someone found them desirable.

As to the comment about dog breeds, how do you think different breeds came about?
That was selective breeding over many years.

The original lightning was found in the wild, naturally, just like picasso's were.

And FYI, not all LFS or their employees know what they are talking about.

And lastly, everyones showing the clowns they are stoked on in this post, sometimes it's a good idea to follow that rule about not saying anything at all if you can't say something nice! :)

Peanut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^I'd just reword slightly, the ones w/out lightning pattern were sold like regular maroons, I'm sure someone found them desirable.

As to the comment about dog breeds, how do you think different breeds came about?
That was selective breeding over many years.

The original lightning was found in the wild, naturally, just like picasso's were.

And FYI, not all LFS or their employees know what they are talking about.

And lastly, everyones showing the clowns they are stoked on in this post, sometimes it's a good idea to follow that rule about not saying anything at all if you can't say something nice! :)

I was under the impression that the purpose of these forums was for discussion. I didn't say anyone was a bad person for their desire to own one. I merely said I just don't get it.

The lightning maroon may have been a bad example, and I'm sure there were others that have also been found in nature, but holy cow (pun intended) at some of the others.

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a pictorial thread made by those sharing their favorite pics and clown fish, I don't think anyone contributing appreciates being told what they really like is lame by anyone or really feels the need to debate ethics or anything, there are plenty of those threads already.

Peanut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a pictorial thread made by those sharing their favorite pics and clown fish, I don't think anyone contributing appreciates being told what they really like is lame by anyone or really feels the need to debate ethics or anything, there are plenty of those threads already.

I did not say what anyone liked was lame nor was I looking for a debate, all I said was I don't get it.

sil40sx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had/have the reject lightning and cow clownfish. LOL

IMG_2317.jpg

IMG_3243.jpg

fishnchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you call these? Saw one at the lfs today looked pretty sweet.
The orange one is a Mocha Storm Clown and the black one is a Black Storm Clown. If you’re debating on whether you should get it you definitely should;)

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 113 74.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back