Digital Aquatics Archon

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did have it set on for 1 minute and off for 29 minutes, but I was trying to lower the salinity and was pulling out a quart of water each day. I just have not got around to setting it back to that. You will have to change the times to match your tanks needs.

IMG_1899.PNG

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nathan, something to watch out for is when you are scrolling through the outputs on a smart phone be carefull. I have inadvertently turned on or off an output a time or two. I try and keep lined up with the auto buttons with my finger when scrolling on the touch screens. Also if you have the output in manual on or off the alarms will not change the state of the output. The alarms only work when the output is in auto mode.

OP
OP
E

EuroDriver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good pointer on watching the fingertips on the phone but that wasn't the problem.

My problem turned out to be very simple and had nothing to do with the Archon or any of the equipment malfunctioning. Turns out that the other night I started playing with the alarms settings and I started to configure an alarm for the low freshwater switch. I saved it, applied it to the ATO channel then got called away on honey-do's. I just figured I'd finish playing with it later.
Turns out I left the setting to "on" when alarm is triggered (1st pic, now set to off) then on the alarm configuration I didn't check the box to trigger when low (2nd pic, now checked).
It was the first issue that kept the channel on and the pump running but I think the alarm was also triggering when the switch was open. All fixed now [emoji16]
I also created a timer for it to be safe

59b9694a2e7d3a4703739fd3c125d515.jpg
11b48733d71a69044804f1e83e2c8e7d.jpg

ebe726d68010f8df722ec968fe7ef897.jpg

Last edited:

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far I have not used a alarm to turn on an output. I can see where it might come in handy to be able to though. Glad to hear you figured out what the issue was.

OP
OP
E

EuroDriver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, I finally received my replacement equipment from DA and the good news is, I have a working PB8 but now the bad news...

DA replaced my Archon unit because after some detailed troubleshooting with Eric, we could not get the email notifications to work. I set up the replacement Archon last night and still no email notifications. I have tried multiple email addresses, email to text and nothing...

At this point I seriously doubt it's the Archon - it must be something with my home network. I even turned off Windows Firewall but no emails go through.

My internet setup is:
Motorola SBG6580 Modem/Wireless Router connected to Cox cable. -> Netgear Nighthawk R7000 (hard-wired to Motorola modem) set up as wireless access point. I connected the Archon's wireless directly to the Motorola, although on my laptop I connect to the Nighthawk's WiFi.

Any ideas????

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Archon has access to the internet? It uses a dedicated Gmail account to send the emails. I think all of the Archon's use the same account. The only Thing you have to enter is the email address you are sending it to. It could be you isp is blocking the port that is used to send the email.

OP
OP
E

EuroDriver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The Archon has access to the internet? It uses a dedicated Gmail account to send the emails. I think all of the Archon's use the same account. The only Thing you have to enter is the email address you are sending it to. It could be you isp is blocking the port that is used to send the email.
Yes, the Archon is connected to my wireless network. Any idea how I can check if the port is being blocked?
With the first Archon I tested it from my office as well but we also have Cox internet

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What email address are you sending it to? Have you tried sending it to a different email address? Mine actually sends me a text by sending a message to my phone number at AT&T

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tried several emails including Gmail, Cox.net and text to my T-Mobile number. None have worked.
This tells me that something is blocking that system from accessing Gmail servers. I'm guessing you are able to log into Gmail from a computer inside your home?

Gmail uses port 443 and 547. I believe it is 5:47 for secure email. That or your router has somehow blocked all access to the archon IP address

OP
OP
E

EuroDriver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You made me think of something. Here at the office, in order to sync calendars & contacts with Google (so we can have info from Microsoft Outlook reach our smartphones), we have to do this weird thing with Google to request a one-time access code (it's a code that starts with a "G" followed by some numbers) that replaces the regular google password. I wonder if I have to do this procedure at home to allow the Archon access?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may want to check with Cox and see if any ports are blocked that are common to email.

OP
OP
E

EuroDriver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes! I finally got all issues resolved today. Eric at DA gracefully spent some time tinkering with my system. I set port forwarding and he logged in and fixed it all. He said it was a problem on their end with the server that he didn't catch until he saw what my unit was attempting to do. Took a while but I'm happy as e clam now - no pun intended

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is right your package version is newer that the one we are running. Something could have been changed with the email notifications with that version. Good to hear everything is running OK.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 62 32.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 50 26.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 40 20.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 38 19.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back