Dinos in a nano.

Beecharmer38

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry so late replying! Thank you for the offer of help! I think a large part of my problem is the light, it is white only. I am in the process of plumbing my 100 gallon but unfortunately with the unprecedented cold weather we have had in Georgia there isn't a plumbing fitting nor pvc glue to be found! I am going to a neighboring town to Lowes to see if they have anything.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed to all assessments, how fun! I can use that pic set in three different reef fix threads

that condition happens in real reefs sometimes. It’s the eutrophic condition (blanketed surface area, retains waste via contact with sticky catch surfaces, less current contact onto surfaces due to slicks coverage, the system selects for plants vs hard corals, has swings in oxygen and acid levels not found in oligotrophic high flow, low settlement zones)

after a rip clean, it’s the oligotrophic condition- anti plant, low storage, high surface area, fast motion contact on active surface area, clean zones not leaking waste acids, lower bacterial complement competing for resources like oxygen, so many differences the after pics will show it.

don’t forget to have the empty tank razor bladed clean from the inside, total shock cleanliness so the after pics are a 180 degree change in status

all done without running any tests other than temp and salinity, that’s our way :)

pic guided tank rehab

what a perfect mini reef model to demonstrate the end of old tank syndrome.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back