Dirty sump

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does everyone clean their sump ?
First compartment I have filter floss . Which I change when it’s dirty .
next I have a refuge with cheato. And also have the return from my skimmer to this compartment .

the cheato is always covered in red slime . Does anyone remove the cheato , rinse the sludge stuff off it and replace it ?
Or leave it alone ?

next compartment I have the pump for my skimmer . And a few mesh bags , one is carbon And rowaphos
Next ks my return chamber and ato sensor

image.jpg image.jpg

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I’m understanding you have a pump for your skimmer after fuge, and the skimmer feeding back into fuge. If you have the skimmer feed back before fuge that should increase flow through fuge and may help with red slime

OP
OP
Rmckoy

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I’m understanding you have a pump for your skimmer after fuge, and the skimmer feeding back into fuge. If you have the skimmer feed back before fuge that should increase flow through fuge and may help with red slime
The skimmer is a external skimmer .
The return goes into the same section as the cheato ( see picture above ) the black abs pipe is the return from the skimmer with the bubbles on the surface .

dschuffert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I try to keep mine relatively clean. I am always doing some kind of maintenance with changing carbon, etc. I try to clean some of the sump when doing that kind of stuff. I end up doing a stronger cleaning every two or three months or so, depending on how dirty it gets.

IMG_0089.jpeg

OP
OP
Rmckoy

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pump is a dc-9000 jeabo pump cranked up to 100%

that’s a lot of flow going through the sump , along with the dc-15000 return pump

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 42 28.4%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 70 47.3%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back