OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dosers cost maybe 2 bucks :tongue: 2 pee cups, and some airline hose. Not really fully automated but really simple. Drilled a hole in the pee cups and inserted airline hose. Then I tie a knot in the airline to adjust the drip rate. Add the solution and it drips into my sump. Alk before work(lights out), cal after work. Gonna look at my tank anyways and it takes only a few seconds to add fluid to the cups.

Not bad!! :wink:

Chompers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dosers cost maybe 2 bucks :tongue: 2 pee cups, and some airline hose. Not really fully automated but really simple. Drilled a hole in the pee cups and inserted airline hose. Then I tie a knot in the airline to adjust the drip rate. Add the solution and it drips into my sump. Alk before work(lights out), cal after work. Gonna look at my tank anyways and it takes only a few seconds to add fluid to the cups.

Ewww.... lol.

I do something like that for my softie tank. I don't have an ATO on that one but it has an egg crate lid. I cut the top off of a water bottle and put a drip hole in the bottom. It sits on the lid and I fill it once daily. It drips the water in front of the power head to aid in mixing (no sump).

Bugg_zy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run the airline up to the 10ml mark on the pee cup from the bottom, then I can measure how much you are adding from the markings on the "specimen container". I actually only had to buy the airline cause the cups came from a coral order :tongue:

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ewww.... lol.

I do something like that for my softie tank. I don't have an ATO on that one but it has an egg crate lid. I cut the top off of a water bottle and put a drip hole in the bottom. It sits on the lid and I fill it once daily. It drips the water in front of the power head to aid in mixing (no sump).

Not a bad idea on a on a softie.

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run the airline up to the 10ml mark on the pee cup from the bottom, then I can measure how much you are adding from the markings on the "specimen container". I actually only had to buy the airline cause the cups came from a coral order :tongue:
Not too bad for just buying the airline.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 13 9.6%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 58 43.0%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 63 46.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back