DIY frag disc, reusing old sand.

SteveSTL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can also put them in a small tupperware container with some holes drilled in it and set it in your toilet tank. Then every time the toilet is flushed, the water is changed out. Also works when making your own live rock.

OP
OP
Mark2480

Mark2480

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure on black cement, I did add some sand to the top of each one right after i poured them so the surface would be sanded and the frags seem to hold on better and encrust faster on the disc. When you first mix the sand and cement the cement coats the sand so I am not sure the disc would come out black, at best I would think it would be a salt and pepper look.

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure on black cement, I did add some sand to the top of each one right after i poured them so the surface would be sanded and the frags seem to hold on better and encrust faster on the disc. When you first mix the sand and cement the cement coats the sand so I am not sure the disc would come out black, at best I would think it would be a salt and pepper look.
Just something different is what I like to see lol

Pola0502ds

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can also put them in a small tupperware container with some holes drilled in it and set it in your toilet tank. Then every time the toilet is flushed, the water is changed out. Also works when making your own live rock.

Im not so sure i would do this. You dont want sand getting into yoir plumbing, right??

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not so sure i would do this. You dont want sand getting into yoir plumbing, right??

Not so much plumbing I would worry about, but maybe the septic tank. I doubt there would be much in this example though and I dont see any problem with that part of it.

Bryn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was looking for inexpensive frags, thinking of starting a thread about the ceramic tiles and marble tiles you can get from lowes and HD, but I think this would work out better as I do have some old sand sitting around, plus this needs a BUMP.

Back