OP
OP
blue.flyzz

blue.flyzz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your established mystery let you add new wrasses after the fact? I have a mystery, but I'm kind of afraid to add another wrasse. I'd like a melanarus, and an exquisite, but kind of afraid to. Did you need to use a mirror or something? Was there some fighting at first? My mystery doesn't mess with anyone except the occasional quick chase of my longnosed hawkfish, but nothing serious.
I have my mystery for almost 2 years, I got it at about 1 & 1/2" and it's just about doubled in size. It's the first of the wrasses to come out in the morning and the last to go to its spot for the night. It always stays on the sidelines when feeding, it will rarely go into the pack of fish (26 total) to grab food. It doesn't bother any other fish. I have my female Fiji Leopard the longest (5 years) and it's the biggest (5") of the pack. Any wrasse I've added she will chase for a few days and then loses interest. I have never seen a single sign of aggression from my Mystery.

Edmund Y.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome list....LA was supposed to ship a Dusky a few weeks ago on the the day we had the tropical storm come through so I called and asked to delay shipping from Monday to Thursday and then they told me they couldn't ship it anymore, no explanation why....how does the Rainbow behave in your reef?
It's been good so far
Had all of them for over a year

Roachbeef19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. In 80g:

Lubbocks fairy wrasse
Earmuff wrasse
Yellow Coris wrasse
Timor Wrasse
Bluestar leopard wrasse
Kuiter's Leopard wrasse
China Wrasse

In QT (6 foot 70 stock tank):
Pencil wrasse
Longfin Fairy wrasse

On order:
Radiant wrasse

I need a bigger tank obviously.
That China wrasse is beautiful.

Calm Blue Ocean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I first started I really didn't understand the love for wrasses. Now that I've learned what a wide variety of fish are included under the wrasse name, I totally get it! I'm now planning to add three to my tank: Red-Lined Wrasse, Yellow Banded Possum Wrasse, and Pink-Streaked Wrasse!

griff500

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@griff500 how big is your feminus wrasse? Mine is approx 3 to 3-1/4" and very mature, similar to yours and I'm trying to gauge her age. She's not like the smaller juvenile just turn female that mostly come in. Thanks!
I reckon she's about 4". I've obviously no idea about age.

OP
OP
blue.flyzz

blue.flyzz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I first started I really didn't understand the love for wrasses. Now that I've learned what a wide variety of fish are included under the wrasse name, I totally get it! I'm now planning to add three to my tank: Red-Lined Wrasse, Yellow Banded Possum Wrasse, and Pink-Streaked Wrasse!
we can say that about a lot of things in this hobby

hizbaby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sorta lost count somewhere in the past 10 years. :)
And my pleasure.
When we first got started in March 2019, I began the research - that's my job in this endeavor! At that time i printed out your above article, in triplicate, I titled it : The Wrasse Bible, we are never without a copy in either vehicle, and my pocketbook, It's tattered and bent, but serves us well! Has helped us when in ANY LFS should we happen upon something interesting, no regret impulse purchases for us! Thank you so very much!
Current wrasse:
Leopard, snowflake, bluehead, banana in 90G
Building a 144 1/2 cylinder, THEN the FUN REALLY BEGINS! Wrasse Heaven!

dohc97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best I can do right now, he was just released into general population so he was being pretty timid

DSC_6135.jpg DSC_6081.jpg

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a yellow coris and sixline in my 100 gallon 4x2x20”. Do you guys think a yellow tail tamarin could fit in there?
The sixline is rather worrisome.

Tiki Reef Joshua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea... I’ve heard so much of that, yet he wasn’t added last to my current load and he doesn’t grumble with anyone. Any other wrasses I could try with the coris and sixline. The sixline is so unique I just couldn’t give him away. He gets in places the other fish just don’t.
All that said, I do worry based on stories. Sometimes I wonder if any other fish does something it’s just a thing but if a sixline does it they are pure evil. In the end, I would rather try something with better odds. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 14 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 31 17.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 115 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.5%
Back