do i need a filter?

Max The New reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi all, I'm doing a seahorse setup, on which I plan on doing hob equitment, I'm doing a skimmer no matter what, so the question occurred to me, do I need the filter? also should I do a canister filter instead of a hob?

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d do a sump. But if it’s hob vs canister filter, run what you want to put in both by us, as well as what filters you olan to use (brand and size please!).

OP
OP
M

Max The New reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d do a sump. But if it’s hob vs canister filter, run what you want to put in both by us, as well as what filters you olan to use (brand and size please!).
so I considered a sump, but every tank I've had with a sump hasn't gone well, one leaked, and flooded my room, and the other didn't work, the filter I want to and planned on using is the aquaclear 60-100g with 3 stage filtration (carbon, sponge, pond matrix) and idk what canister filter but something that is made for 2-3 times my water volume (29 gallons) my skimmer I'm gonna run is a aquamaxx 1.5 hob for 60-100g

hds4216

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an aquaclear 50 on my 29 planted freshwater tank. It does a good job but you have to replace the sponge very regularly or it becomes a nitrate factory.

Back