Do you have a reefing "Best Friend"?

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Recently we took a Gallup Poll survey at work. One of the questions was:

"Do you have a best friend at work?"

I'm sorry, but I found it a little silly. I'm at work to work, not make best friends. Apparently I wasn't the one that felt that way. After the results, Gallup and our management team decided they'd explain what was meant by the question.

"Do you have someone at work you can depend on, talk to when you need to confide in someone, etc."

That got me thinking: there are so many great people on these forums that have been there to answer my questions, hang out with, and just generally depend on.

I'm going to start with a disclaimer: I forgot lots of people! If you weren't added it doesn't mean you aren't included in this list.

@Gtinnel @Goaway @fishface NJ @BroccoliFarmer @fishguy242 @N1tew0lf1212 @steveschuerger @LeeLoo Lola @Mschmidt @billyocean @OrchidMiss @Mhamilton0911 @crusso1993 @907_Reefer @Fishy888 @Jedi1199 @Petcrazyson @Fish Styx @F i s h y @stoney7713 @Thuan @Kasrift @wes84 @pandaparties @CodyBot @rmorris_14 @danieyella @StatelineReefer @Nate Chalk @Utubereefer @Digitalfirex

And a super honorable mention to my good friend @Stang67 !!!! That's one of the best stories ever!

Like I said, I know there's a ton more but these are the names that really stick out.

Thanks everyone for making this such a great place to hang out! You guys and gals are some of my favorites on here and I appreciate you.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently we took a Gallup Poll survey at work. One of the questions was:

"Do you have a best friend at work?"

I'm sorry, but I found it a little silly. I'm at work to work, not make best friends. Apparently I wasn't the one that felt that way. After the results, Gallup and our management team decided they'd explain what was meant by the question.

"Do you have someone at work you can depend on, talk to when you need to confide in someone, etc."

That got me thinking: there are so many great people on these forums that have been there to answer my questions, hang out with, and just generally depend on.

I'm going to start with a disclaimer: I forgot lots of people! If you weren't added it doesn't mean you aren't included in this list.

@Gtinnel @Goaway @fishface NJ @BroccoliFarmer @fishguy242 @N1tew0lf1212 @steveschuerger @LeeLoo Lola @Mschmidt @billyocean @OrchidMiss @Mhamilton0911 @crusso1993 @907_Reefer @Fishy888 @Jedi1199 @Petcrazyson @Fish Styx @F i s h y @stoney7713 @Thuan @Kasrift @wes84 @pandaparties @CodyBot @rmorris_14 @danieyella @StatelineReefer @Nate Chalk @Utubereefer @Digitalfirex

And a super honorable mention to my good friend @Stang67 !!!! That's one of the best stories ever!

Like I said, I know there's a ton more but these are the names that really stick out.

Thanks everyone for making this such a great place to hang out! You guys and gals are some of my favorites on here and I appreciate you.
I used to think this way..that work was about work and not work was about friends. I found that if i work with friends, work doesnt suck so badly. Plus it develops a level of trust with others from whom would normally only care about their selves who are now willing to do a little extra or give you the benefit of the doubt when things go off. By keeping my work and friends separate, it really made work very unenjoyable if not down right miserable.

But I do agree with you about this forum. Anytime I need to talk...people are always here. Some people to empathize, some people to argue..but it is always interesting.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There aren't enough reefers around me to develop friends....there were a few that I connected with years ago but exited the hobby...one could be considered a friend, but more of an acquaintance I bump into yearly.

As for work...small pool, two other full time employees, both will help me out outside of work if needed, but don't hang with them outside of work. As for confident talk at the workplace....we all pretty much know what's going on with each other at work and home.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There aren't enough reefers around me to develop friends....there were a few that I connected with years ago but exited the hobby...one could be considered a friend, but more of an acquaintance I bump into yearly.

As for work...small pool, two other full time employees, both will help me out outside of work if needed, but don't hang with them outside of work. As for confident talk at the workplace....we all pretty much know what's going on with each other at work and home.
I actually had a guy at my work that was a reefer as well. Probably the political opposite of me..someone that I would never EVER contemplate being friends with...but because he was a reefer and we both showed off our tanks on conference calls...we developed a friendship. Cant say I am sending his kids to college friends, but definitely someone that i can talk to about stuff I enjoy talking about. Shame he left my firm. I might text every few months..but the friendship did conclude due to lack of proximity.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.3%
Back