Does my Clownfish have internal parasites?

Sebastian A.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a pair of clowns about 2 months back and they have been doing well. I noticed some stringy poop and thought it was nothing at first, but after doing some research I saw that it could be internal parasites. What do you all think? Can this be fatal? How should I go about treating it? Any information would help I started my tank in December and this is my first real problem. Thanks
Sorry the picture is so bad couldn't catch him in a good spot

20200302_163638.jpg

Fishnut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can try Metro and Focus on their food for a couple of weeks. Hopefully that will kill any internal parasites. I have a couple of fish that will have white stringy poops a couple times a week, but they have grown and have shown no other signs of ill health.

SaltH20Danny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you truly believe you have internal parasites setup Q tank immediately and get them.out, whether you have other fish or not. If you do not have one, just soak fish food in metro and that should cure it up. Just make sure you treat for the right illness. I've only had 1 fish that had Internal parasites and I put it in a small acclimation container with a few drops of prazi and actually seen the parasites falling out of the gobys mouth. Unfortunately it didnt make it ☹.

few questions though.

1) besides the stringy poop, does the fish keep its mouth open?
2) Are you able to take a better picture?
3) Do they eat?

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a pair of clowns about 2 months back and they have been doing well. I noticed some stringy poop and thought it was nothing at first, but after doing some research I saw that it could be internal parasites. What do you all think? Can this be fatal? How should I go about treating it? Any information would help I started my tank in December and this is my first real problem. Thanks
Sorry the picture is so bad couldn't catch him in a good spot

20200302_163638.jpg
White and stringy poop can be a symptom of internal pathogens. Stringy and greenish or brown could just be the fish's diet.
Here's more info on internal pathogens:

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 15 9.5%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 43 27.2%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 77 48.7%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back