Does this seem like a bad batch of ROE to you?

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered ROE from saltwateraquarium.com, the medium sized bottle. Actually got the big bottle in the box (hooray!). But, after running it through my liquid food doser for a few weeks, I'm noticing that none of the fish are excited about the ROE, and they are usually ga-ga about it. I also noticed that there are fewer eggs floating around in the same volume dispenses, and the ones I'm seeing are paler and less solid white.

1714512853661.jpeg

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Rvti5KPn8f4vGkYa7
https://photos.app.goo.gl/edesF4VPW49ZeiS96

Are these eggs bad? The bottle does not smell bad. But I'm a bit disappointed by this big bottle. All of my previous bottles purchased through saltwateraquarium.com were perfectly fine.

Note: expiration is in Dec, 2024, and there were no shipping delays or anything else weird. It is kept in my mini fridge that holds all my Reef Nutrition stuff.

Should I be asking SWA for a replacement or asking them to ask Reef Nutrition for a replacement?

Sincerely,
Hungry Babies

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try reaching out to reef nutrition. They are really great. Sorry that your fish aren’t eating
They are eating like pigs, still. Just not the ROE, which is atypical. I am dumping in extra PacPods and TDO pellets to compensate and they're gobbling it all up.

I reached out to Saltwateraquariums.com and they are taking it up with RN, presumably, and sending me a replacement. Also ordering more PacPods, ArctiPods and OysterFeast, because everything in the tank is eating up everything.

NO3 currently hovering near 0 (so feeding more). PO4 in the 0.05-0.06 area. Constantly increasing AFR dosing to keep up. So Reef Nutrition seems to be doing a good job keeping everything healthy!

Vermetids have exploded though...

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 31 53.4%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.2%
Back