• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Don’t buy a Hydros XP8 - Defective & Support is non-existent

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4D540707-61BF-40F5-B90B-485F672C8EF4.gif

I really wanted to be an early supporter of the hydros ecosystem, but as usual, @CoralVue @CoralVue_Marketing has come up short…

My new/1mo old XP8 power bar seems to have some issue with relays randomly staying open or closed, as others have complained about in this thread:

Its happened a few times with my lights, but is now suddenly affecting my heater relays too - making this a serious issue.

I opened a ‘support ticket’ on their website over a week ago with zero reply. Have tried contacting their customer support number several times (which nobody answers) which leads you in circles to the ‘please open a support ticket online -goodbye!’ option.

Maybe complaining about their abysmal service and defective products on R2R will get me an actual response from the manufacturer? We’ll see…

Needless to say hydros XP8 system - NOT RECOMMENDED

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
since this is contrary to most everyone else's experience with Coralvue I find it very hard to believe its true.

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can go on Amazon and when I look at the 1 star reviews for even the best products they will still have at least 2% in the 1 star reviews. I have worked in a product manufacturing company. I know that not every product comes out working to perfection. A good company will do it's best to keep these numbers down but it still happens.

To say that someone that is having a problem is lying or using it wrong is just chidish. Why do that? Every product no matter how good is going to have bad units.

I have had to deal with coralvue's customer support ... it is less than fun and I ended up finally solving the problem myself through massive research on my own.

Everyone has their own experience and insulting them for that experience is just not kewl.

OP
OP
polyppal

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
since this is contrary to most everyone else's experience with Coralvue I find it very hard to believe its true.
You find it hard to believe products have defective parts?

You must not have been around long if you think this is contrary to ‘everyone else’s’ experience with Coralvue products/support.

But yeah your right, it’s a big conspiracy that I would have to post a complaint hoping they’d simply give me some support under my warranty.
9327A3AA-0C9E-4A53-92AC-FE01642C9927.gif

Last edited:
OP
OP
polyppal

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can go on Amazon and when I look at the 1 star reviews for even the best products they will still have at least 2% in the 1 star reviews. I have worked in a product manufacturing company. I know that not every product comes out working to perfection. A good company will do it's best to keep these numbers down but it still happens.

To say that someone that is having a problem is lying or using it wrong is just chidish. Why do that? Every product no matter how good is going to have bad units.

I have had to deal with coralvue's customer support ... it is less than fun and I ended up finally solving the problem myself through massive research on my own.

Everyone has their own experience and insulting them for that experience is just not kewl.
The fanboys are gonna fanboy

OP
OP
polyppal

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always gotten a quick response from Carlos when I opened a ticket. Issue was always solved.
Yeah hopefully I get a response soon. I actually met Carlos at Reefstock Denver, nice guy (who convinced me to get into Hydros system).

They obv need to get their customer support department sorted out though

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah hopefully I get a response soon. I actually met Carlos at Reefstock Denver, nice guy (who convinced me to get into Hydros system).

They obv need to get their customer support department sorted out though
It’s strange, he always answers by the next day. I got a reply from the other guy once also, I think he’s the developer. They definitely were figuring out the issue. Coralvue Hydros has exceeded the other two companies I’ve dealt with. I hope they get the issue solved for you.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Count me in the "not a fan of the XP8" conspiracy group. 2 of my outlets have stuck on and then somehow fix themselves a couple days later.

CoralVue customer service is either amazing or downright awful. There is no in between with them. Thankfully, my last two experiences have been good. It really helps if you put them on blast in their Facebook group. It's the only way I got my wifi power bar replaced after 8 months of it being broken. First go around on that issue I was told it's my network that sucks, sorry. Truth is, their WiFi is crappy. It just is. Sorry, not sorry. They desperately need an Ethernet port add on.

Hydros is new and customer service has gotten better at CV so I give a pass for now. If the new XP8 starts randomly failing, Hydros is a goner for me. The supposedly "superior hardware" marketing isn't as true as the fanboys hope.

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t attest to their customer service response times but to lump an entire product line based on one single bad experience isn’t necessarily the way to go. As with any mass produced product you’re bound to end up with a few defective ones.

OP
OP
polyppal

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t attest to their customer service response times but to lump an entire product line based on one single bad experience isn’t necessarily the way to go. As with any mass produced product you’re bound to end up with a few defective ones.
Read the op. And the title. Nobody called out the entire line - the complaint is in regards to the XP8 product that a number of people have had similar issues.

OP
OP
polyppal

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Count me in the "not a fan of the XP8" conspiracy group. 2 of my outlets have stuck on and then somehow fix themselves a couple days later.

CoralVue customer service is either amazing or downright awful. There is no in between with them. Thankfully, my last two experiences have been good. It really helps if you put them on blast in their Facebook group. It's the only way I got my wifi power bar replaced after 8 months of it being broken. First go around on that issue I was told it's my network that sucks, sorry. Truth is, their WiFi is crappy. It just is. Sorry, not sorry. They desperately need an Ethernet port add on.

Hydros is new and customer service has gotten better at CV so I give a pass for now. If the new XP8 starts randomly failing, Hydros is a goner for me. The supposedly "superior hardware" marketing isn't as true as the fanboys hope.
If I don’t hear back in next few days I’ll try the Facebook route. I don’t think they are even active anymore on R2R

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 43 22.9%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 109 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back