!!!!!!DUDE it's THERMANS RAINBOW!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
a quick pic of my new frag starting to get some color, sorry for the crappy phone pic

20160208_165041.jpg

Looks good man.

@therman Hey Tim, have you ever seen that inner polyp area get coloration like that?

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Weird. No I haven't. It typically has a darker coloration in the apical corallites, and I have never seen anything like the fluorescent green or white. We are certain that is the same coral?

That being said, I've been seeing plenty of frags on Facebook with colors nothing like I've ever gotten out of the same corals in my tank in 16+ years ;) Some is photography and some is certainly combinations of lighting in use these days.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Weird. No I haven't. It typically has a darker coloration in the apical corallites, and I have never seen anything like the fluorescent green or white. We are certain that is the same coral?

That being said, I've been seeing plenty of frags on Facebook with colors nothing like I've ever gotten out of the same corals in my tank in 16+ years ;) Some is photography and some is certainly combinations of lighting in use these days.

Yeah I'm pretty sure i whiffled that one completely but it kind of looks like that aquavista voodoo if anything. I know it came from you so there a chance at least that may be it lol. looks pretty promising either way. It had went just about dormant on me, not much color at all, and i just added it to his pack as a thermans but I'm thinking thats not the case here. lol

thanks for chiming in man

Sorry for the whiffle though Adam!

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yeah I'm pretty sure i whiffled that one completely but it kind of looks like that aquavista voodoo if anything. I know it came from you so there a chance at least that may be it lol. looks pretty promising either way. It had went just about dormant on me, not much color at all, and i just added it to his pack as a thermans but I'm thinking thats not the case here. lol

I was thinking Voodoo as well. If it is, he got an ever nicer coral in my opinion! They do both sort of fade out to the same dull greenish when their tips aren't growing. Voodoo requires even more patience, but the reward is greater!

Slow Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jackpot! its been in my possession a month and its starting to grow and get those great colors .... cant wait to see what great things come from it

swk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, mine doesn't have any of the blue or green. Mine is about doubled in size and I see more light purple/cream on the growth areas although some of the base seems to maybe getting some more color. Has the characteristic dark polyps though. I hope one day it'll look as good as some of the pics on here.

UFreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the recommended lighting placement for this coral? I'm running 400's and T5 and LED for supplementation.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What is the recommended lighting placement for this coral? I'm running 400's and T5 and LED for supplementation.

Hi there, I don't think you'll have any trouble keeping this one pretty under 400s just about anywhere you place it in there.

AvaS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey.. where do you get your tiles to grow out on???

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
87F1B0CA-CEBE-4210-9D53-08CBD93AC413.jpeg

Can I remove the I think? Is this urs?

Haha I can't tell...Adam has way too many corals to choose from ;) He definitely has received plenty of therman's rainbow over the years, but it will be a while until I can ID your frag :) Send another photo when it's all grown out like Jeremy's!

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha I can't tell...Adam has way too many corals to choose from ;) He definitely has received plenty of therman's rainbow over the years, but it will be a while until I can ID your frag :) Send another photo when it's all grown out like Jeremy's!
How about now
84E1778D-0C46-4C7D-8CD7-67E1468EA220.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 133 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%
Back