Dwarf Angel for a 20l?

Brandon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys

Just wondering what your thoughts were about keeping a dwarf angel in a 20long prop tank.

Will they help out with my Hair algae problem too?

(im looking to get either a lemon peel, flame or cherub)

thanks
Brandon

colinadam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a flame in my 24 gallon nanocube, it was good sized and after I got it I felt bad because flames are such active fish, I felt I wasn't giving him a good home. He was a great algae eater.
I now have a little cherub, o.k. fish, not sure if he is as good as the flame at algae control but still o.k.

colinadam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My flame never did and my cherub doesn't now. I think it's possible they can be nippers but the odds you get one that nips is fairly low.

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cherubs are really beautiful fish, but can be a bit aggressive. If he/she will be the only fish in the tank then you shouldn't have a problem.

Ike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you will have LPS corals in your prop tank I wouldn't suggest it. Most Centropyge angels will usually leave zoanthids alone but they seem to like to pester LPS, particularly brain type corals. Also, I'd stick with one of the pygmy angels like an argi, aurantonotus or acanthops. I don't think they will be particularly useful in algae control, I'd consider a Blenny or more of a cleanup crew if that's what you're looking for.

Back